Freelancer Required...

Azure™

By way of introduction: Azure is a graphic design studio that produces visual communication via the disciplines of typography, image and illustration. We create effective, inspiring design for clients both large and small across many different market sectors.

We create brand identities, design advertisements, t-shirts, posters, skateboards, brochures, bike decals, packaging, websites and more.

Our ethos is simple; an honest and friendly approach with a personal interest to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.

With the level of work we have coming in, we could do with a freelance designer/artworker to join our team. We would want someone who could take projects on competently, share project resources via some sort of medium like Dropbox and work with the other members of the team as required.

We believe ourselves to be very fair and reliable, always paying promptly and honouring our commitments. Our website is about to be completely overhauled, but you can view our current one here: Azure Studio / Visual Communication. Our company project sample literature (4MB) can be viewed via the following link: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Azure_A5 brochure_16pp_Landscape_Email_Version.pdf?w=5139474c

Prerequisites we require: Photoshop skills (clipping and masks, basic clean up work to in-depth layering), InDesign literature (setting up of stylesheets, grids and multiple page documents to repro ready artwork, tables and tabs), Illustrator (vector logos and line-art drawings). A 'repro-ready' attitude to the creation of all work produced is key (Image DPI, formatting etc) and examples of printed material would be required (Photographic evidence is fine). The ideal person would be someone who doesn't mind getting involved with any aspect of a project, from start to completion and/or a part of the process. You would ideally know InDesign better than we do and be happy to artwork as well as apply your creative prowess in certain projects. An eye for detail is important and so is your typography. This isn't a request for a 'one-off' project. We want someone who will hopefully in time become a recognised member of our team, has a commercial sensibility as well as a creative one and is happy to work in collaboration with us to produce the highest standard of work.

Sound ok? Send us examples of work and hourly/daily rates to: [email protected]

Kind regards,

Jamie

Jamie Bridle
Creative Director
Azure™

Out of interest you mention using Dropbox so are you looking for someone to work in-house or is remote working OK? Also what kind of hours do you think the role would entail, a day or two here and there, a regular few hours a day or weeks at a time?

Regards

David

Hi David,
Valid questions which if I were able I would edit into the original post.
Remote working is perfectly fine for us. The sort of hours at the moment would be days here and there but as we are trying to hold back the tides at the moment we would want someone who could grow along with us and accept more work as we expand. Hope that helps...

Regards,

Jamie

Hi, This is the sort of work I'm looking to take on to aid my move from full time employed to full time self employed. Will get some details emailed over to you this evening.

Regards

David

Twitter

I'm not sure I'd be right for all your needs as don't work with InDesign or Photoshop for instance, so I won't send you my details, but are you on Twitter at all? I'd like to follow you.

Thanks

Amanda

Thanks to everyone who got in touch. Very much appreciated. If you haven't heard from us in person it means that you haven't been chosen this time around. The standard of work received was really good and all contacts have been kept for future reference. This position is now closed although any further submissions from this date will be kept on file.

Many thanks,

Jamie Bridle
Creative Director
Azure™

Back