Freelance opportunity sites?

looking through the answers i understand sad thing - u can't earn much money being freelancer ;)

Well, even as a joke, that's simply not true, or funny.

You can't sit on your laurels and hope you find that big job on the internet, nothing falls into your lap.

Get out more, network. Submit designs to your local business, see what they have out there already, offer to improve on it.

Setup meetings, design your presentations, present what you can do for the businesses in your area.

Get out and go. Don't sit on the internet waiting for the next big 'competition' to start!

I think its great that everybody is going about it their own way. Obviously a very good sign...........................................Still waiting for that big project

By the way someone mentioned recruitment agency's here which caused me to message a pal, who it turns out only recruits nurses so I hit a wall and kind of forgot about it. So my question is can you get on an agency's books, and still work remotely for them on the odd project?

So my question is can you get on an agency's books, and still work remotely for them on the odd project?

It depends on the agency and the project. Most of the time they'll want you in-house but if you have a good relationship or the work is something you can get on with unsupervised, then they may allow you to work remotely. There's an issue with access to files though, chances are the files you may need access to are on an internal server you cannot access remotely. You can get around the issue with Dropbox or WeTransfer or such like, but you may find this is prohibited due to breaking NDAs.

I think its great that everybody is going about it their own way. Obviously a very good sign...........................................Still waiting for that big project

By the way someone mentioned recruitment agency's here which caused me to message a pal, who it turns out only recruits nurses so I hit a wall and kind of forgot about it. So my question is can you get on an agency's books, and still work remotely for them on the odd project?

If you're talking about recruitment agencies then they're just the people that hook you up with an employer for a fee and are pretty much a waste of time, money and space IMO at least in the creative sector.
There is a growing number of recruiters (especially in London) that deal with placing freelancers but it's usually for in-house gigs.

Well, even as a joke, that's simply not true, or funny.

You can't sit on your laurels and hope you find that big job on the internet, nothing falls into your lap.

Get out more, network. Submit designs to your local business, see what they have out there already, offer to improve on it.

Setup meetings, design your presentations, present what you can do for the businesses in your area.

Get out and go. Don't sit on the internet waiting for the next big 'competition' to start!
Thank u for giving such an answer, hope khowing your viewpoint does increase my odds.

It depends on the agency and the project. Most of the time they'll want you in-house but if you have a good relationship or the work is something you can get on with unsupervised, then they may allow you to work remotely. There's an issue with access to files though, chances are the files you may need access to are on an internal server you cannot access remotely. You can get around the issue with Dropbox or WeTransfer or such like, but you may find this is prohibited due to breaking NDAs.

Sounds like the only decent chance of it working is the way I tried, (through a pal) so I will just keep on down the route I am going for now.

If you're talking about recruitment agencies then they're just the people that hook you up with an employer for a fee and are pretty much a waste of time, money and space IMO at least in the creative sector.
There is a growing number of recruiters (especially in London) that deal with placing freelancers but it's usually for in-house gigs.

In house is not for me, I'm fine right here on my tropical island.

Thanks for the reply's.

I'm super niched so it didn't really work for me but a writer pal gave me this tip............

Do an advanced google search for all craigslist ads that have the words design and telecommuting is okay. I had to play around and make sure to use " in the right places but you will get jobs to load up if you do it right.

Back