Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Website

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Juice, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Juice

Juice New Member

Hello, can anyone suggest the best case scenario for creating a completely free website.
    The most important thing for me is having maximum control of the design of the pages, other than that I do not need a lot of webspace, or email etc.

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Google "Wordpress"
  3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, learn HTML and CSS and build it yourself.
  4. Juice

Juice New Member

Sorry my question wasn't clear enough, I'm fine doing the design in Adobe Dreamweaver, I was more interested in getting free hosting without ads, and pos a sub domain. Is this possible?
  5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh, sorry. Get you now :icon_biggrin:

Free hosting is notoriously bad as I think you know due to your question about ads etc. Seriously, invest in a year's hosting if you can. If you really wanna go free then there are comparison sites; Free Web Hosting! - Page 1 but I wouldn't touch free hosting with yours :icon_wink:
  6. sthomas

sthomas Member

For only £3 a month for a reliable web hosting company, it seems like a no-brainer...
  7. rgregory

rgregory Member

Dream Hosting is a great cheap service for only £9.99 hosting for two years!
    I only ever create very small sites also and I have never had any issues over about 3 years of using them as a hosting company.

8. rgregory

rgregory Member

9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

It's definitely worth paying for a good reliable host. Try Vidahost?
  10. jaydenharris98

jaydenharris98 New Member

You can learn html and php and create free website.and it's easy to learn. :icon_smile:
  11. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I used 000webhost for a small site I made my dad and so far there have been no issues but then it's not something that's going to get much (if any) traffic or that I visit regularly so I'm not too worried about server up times etc..
  12. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

better to buy a host, free hosts are to annoying and can go down anytime

000webhost and byethost are 2 free webhosts but both will have downtime
  13. silverice282

silverice282 New Member

It seems like 000webhost doesn't support ASP...