Free tool for product / design review (please share your honest feedback)

Yaro

Hi there,

My co-founder and I are building not8 - a platform for product review, and our main target audience are web designers.

Right now we have an MVP - a Chrome extension that allows you to leave sticky notes on live websites and share them with your colleagues.

Web designers use it for teammate & client feedback collection and say that it increases team productivity by up to 15%!

As a very early-stage startup, we would love to hear an honest feedback from the designer community, so we know what to work on. To be more specific, we want to have a couple of CustDev interviews. In exchange, we are happy to offer an early access to our future platform to those who agree to spend ~15 minutes of their time on an interview.

Btw, feel free to try it out yourself as well:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/not8/kdfppggcfpgdcdjcmfpmnfncifmdncfe

Really hope for your support!

Thank you

Yaro

Attachments

• not8 gif (optimized).gif
    not8 gif (optimized).gif
    977.7 KB · Views: 1
Honest opinions

I can't test it.... I do not use or even want to use chrome or chromium for that matter, I use firefox.
Even if I did use chrome I do not like the fact it's an extension for chrome and ONLY chrome. Chrome is becoming very similar to how IE used to be in using proprietry code and feel any tool such as this would be much better being platform agnostic.

Now I'll admit I just skimmed the privacy policy but it seemed more relevent to accessing your website than the extension.
What I'm curious about is where all the comments that you add to the extension are stored, if it's between users on different pc's then I'm assuming there's a central 'storage server'. I'm guessing, seeing a platform is mentioned, you'll be going down the subscription route.... monthly cost AND where something is stored makes a huge difference to some businesses.

I personally wouldn't pay a monthly fee for something like this, I'd maybe pay a one off fee for a tool that allowed me to upload comments to an inhouse server or internally hosted 'database' but then I'm incredibly anti subscription model and pro client/business privacy (NDA's for example).

Back