Free iMac from John Lewis

berry

Ha! thought that title would get you here!

Seriously.... I buy all my comapny Macs from John Lewis stores as they give the EU legislated 2 year standard warranty on all stuff ( unlike other companies) ( I did post a thread on this little known fact some time ago)

Anyway one of the iMac i bought in Jan went kaput again today, It already had a replacement motherboard put in after 6 weeks of purchase by JL. After complaining ( as I do) wwhen i took the mac back for repair, and asking for a loan mac as sometimes they have some laying around. They said that they instead of sending it off for repair and waiting, that I could simply have an instant replacement on the spot. I took back to work, a much better spec spanking brand new Mac.

Now as a guy who has a website.Rant Off that fights the consumer shite we have to put with - I also have to praise John Lewis for great customer service like this. Can you image Curry's or an Apple Dealer doing this? Not in a million years!

So hat's off to John Lewis.

I've had two Macs from John Lewis (Newcastle).
Great for the extra warranty and service.

I always recommend them to my mac buddies.
Steer clear of PC World/Currys and the like.

I have used AT computers Newcastle but found there service to be lacking.

Typo said:
I have used AT computers Newcastle but found there service to be lacking.

I still have a G5 up there awaiting a hard drive replacement ( For the 3/4 time) Been up there in the workshop for nearly over 16 months. Simply wrote it off and bought new ones since, it took so long we all forgot about it at work. Might be on Ebay by now!

Before the first new G4's came out about 3/4 years ago. I very rarely had problems with them.
In 4 years every mac has been in for repair and had either a new motherboard or a new hard drive.
I complained to Apple over this and they said that "The G4/G5 intels are not 'proffesional' machines. That i should use Towers because of the better cooling system! as the fans/ventilation on the IMacs doesn't sustain overlong usage and heat! "

i know you've had this problem quite a bit berry, but i gotta say it doesnt happen to every iMac or MacBook/Pro that is sold.

oh and btw, if you went direct to apple and did it through their business scheme, then chances are you'd get add-on extras for free.

Good to hear a positive customer service rant Berry, even if I was tricked into reading under the illusion of a free iMac! :D

Berry said:
Before the first new G4's came out about 3/4 years ago. I very rarely had problems with them.
In 4 years every mac has been in for repair and had either a new motherboard or a new hard drive.
I complained to Apple over this and they said that "The G4/G5 intels are not 'proffesional' machines. That i should use Towers because of the better cooling system! as the fans/ventilation on the IMacs doesn't sustain overlong usage and heat! "

Surely G4/G5 macs were Power Macs and not Intels?

Berry said:

That's interesting as most people regard macs as 'the best' machines for design work yet other than the £2k plus mac pro systems they aren't designed for professional usage....

Does this apply to the macbook pro range as well?

That's interesting as most people regard macs as 'the best' machines for design work yet other than the £2k plus mac pro systems they aren't designed for professional usage....

Does this apply to the macbook pro range as well?

generalisation. they're not suitable for a very small percentage of work.

i'd just like to raise the point that i used my PC strenuously for 2 weeks before it stopped and i got a new one. 2 weeks. i doubt anything like as much use as berry's ones.

My parents bought a very expensive lounge suite from john lewis, there were a few mix ups but the service was nothing short of spectacular. They sent a coffee table down in a taxi because they couldnt get it delivered on time otherwise, they also sent a vase of fresh flowers, hand written appology and gift vouchers.

Buy with confidence at John Lewis - A company that has its head screwed on, rather than screwing the customer.

Back