Free directory listing for your business

A word of warning though, I recently took up the free listings from Yell and Thomson Local and was BARRAGED with cold calls and direct mail shite. So much so I’ve had to sign up for the phone/mail protection thingy and fear answering my mobile in case there’s some pushy salesperson on the other end.

A word of warning though, I recently took up the free listings from Yell and Thomson Local and was BARRAGED with cold calls and direct mail shite. So much so I’ve had to sign up for the phone/mail protection thingy and fear answering my mobile in case there’s some pushy salesperson on the other end.

Yeah, I find that all the directories simply harrass you constantly to try to make you upgrade to a premium listing; get calls like that all of the time.

That said, they soon bugger off once they know you're not going to buying and the free link can't hurt!

They call regularly to confirm your information, consistently changing one item to catch you attention and make you correct the info - then try the upsell having just 'helped' you.

Yep, same experience with Yell. All it's got me is a load of very annoying sales calls. The most annoying ones from Yell themselves.

lol, wondering if the links were a good suggestion now :icon_rolleyes:

I do agree that the free link is just a route for them to contact and upsell, I had a couple of calls initially but as soon as I told them where to go I have not heard from them again, although I am registered with the TPS so maybe that helps :icon_dunno:

You definitely won't get any calls from this one > Our own business directory :icon_wink:

lol, wondering if the links were a good suggestion now :icon_rolleyes:

I do agree that the free link is just a route for them to contact and upsell, I had a couple of calls initially but as soon as I told them where to go I have not heard from them again, although I am registered with the TPS so maybe that helps :icon_dunno:

You definitely won't get any calls from this one > Our own business directory :icon_wink:

I still think they're good suggestions though - it only takes a minute to kindly tell them that you're not interested at no expense to you!

And make sure you sign up to the TPS and MPS first! I’ve never had so many letters from accountants offering to help me start my business before!

Beware of free directory listing because you will always receive cold calls. If not annoying messages from email.

You can put a small link to your portfolio/business in your signature. If any signatures are out of line (and we'll decide there are no guidelines) they will be removed.

Back