Free Commercial Video Hosting?

peekaboo

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a free video hosting service such as Vimeo, not keen on You Tube if possible, its for one of our clients so I guess it might come under "commercial" any pointers would be great?

Cheers

Brett

Thanks Levi,

I would love to use Vimeo but I dont know if they will accept the clients videos, she hosts conferences etc and is a BBC news anchor so wanted to put a couple of samples of that up, what do you think?

As far as Vimeo is concerned, check their guidelines...

• No Commercial use You may not upload commercials, infomercials, or demos that actively sell or promote a product or service.
  • Exceptions: Independent production companies, authors, musicians, non profits, churches, artists, and actors may show or promote the work they have created, anyone else cannot.
  • Businesses may not use Vimeo to externalize their hosting costs. Vimeo (including Vimeo Plus) is not a business service.
  • No videos containing ads before or after the video unless given explicit permission from a staff member. Videos with any advertisements in them, including links to commercial sites, regardless of content, will be removed.
  • No MLM, get rich quick, cash gifting, work from home business, or any other dubious money making ventures are not allowed.
  • No product promotions or sales videos, such as real estate walkthroughs.
  • We reserve the right to allow specific commercial content for coordinated sponsored advertising campaigns on Vimeo.

Hi Blueocto,

Problem is my server will eat up all the bandwidth doing that way, so really need it hosted somewhere else, im still looking into it though, think it may just be youtube

Brett

If you are still not keen on you tube why don't you do what I suggested, unless you have gigs of (legal) video how about just getting this 512meg storage and unlimited bandwidth for £20 a YEAR or £40 for 3 years, hell it's only £40/80 for 5GB storage. You even get a domain if you want it or you could do a redirect on a sub domain and link to the video's that way using the video player I suggested (63 euros with all the skin options) so working on current exchange rate of 1:1 it would cost £103/143 for 3 years, you could even host your site there if you wanted to.

Thanks everyone for their posts but looks like we are taking the youtube route, kind of makes sense for most reasons to be honest :)

Brett

Levi said:
If you are still not keen on you tube why don't you do what I suggested, unless you have gigs of (legal) video how about just getting this 512meg storage and unlimited bandwidth for £20 a YEAR or £40 for 3 years, hell it's only £40/80 for 5GB storage. You even get a domain if you want it or you could do a redirect on a sub domain and link to the video's that way using the video player I suggested (63 euros with all the skin options) so working on current exchange rate of 1:1 it would cost £103/143 for 3 years, you could even host your site there if you wanted to.

Thats a good point to be fair !

Back