Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free amazing sport tracker for the fitness freaks.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hay I downloaded this for my smart phone, Nokia N something or other, about 2 months back and it is uttlerly amazing. Its free tells you your average pace, your distance, allttiude, distance over alltitude, calories burnt, speed over distance, map of where you went etc... and you can then upload them to their website and view it in a very cool flash designed site using more in depth maps.

If you also have a compatiable heart rate monitor you can view your heart rate over time, over alltitude and all the rest as well.
    Your phone needs to be able to access the GPS system for it to work.

Search for Sports tracker in your apps section or follow the link off their site:
    Sports Tracker

If you also explore the site near Leicester you can view my profile and my current past events, uploading a few now. Thats a new service that allows you to upload events to your profile straight from your phone, upload images you/others take on your run but great, great tool if you are into running, cycling. rowing, skiing, walking or any cadio event for that.
  2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Similar if not the same as runkeeper.
    Nice find Jay
  3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Run keeper???????
    Whats that one?
  4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

O Run keeper for the Iphone, nice I imagine this is Nokia's equivilent then. :)
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I would love something like this for my blackberry. It seems crazy to get an iphone just for running!
  6. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Well Sports tracker is for Nokia Phones and from the ads I'm pretty sure MiiCoach is for Andriod based ones, so you never know if you look there may be one for the black berry, Mr phone man, Levi, will be the man to ask for that one. :)
  7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

why would I know about fitness apps, I don't even know what fitness is :p

As to blackberry apps, didn't even realise they had apps :p
  8. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

O yeah your idea of fitness is walking up and down the stairs, lol. I meant more that you would know if there was anything specfic for the Blackberry actually. :)
  9. Levi

Don't really know much on blackberry, kind of like the latest blackberry 6 os but the torch phone it's stuck with is damned ugly and it's hardware is too slow, it needs a 1GHz cpu, not 600MHz!!

Blackberry's to me are email devices, they don't really do much else in my view.
  10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I get the feeling when my upgrade is due I will be moving to either iphone or something androidy depending on my finances.

So I will just have to sweat it out till then.

My work here is done!
  11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Has anyone given the micoach by adidas a go? That's a very good app and idea too! I use it every day and it records everything I do its amazing
  12. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

No I haven't Glen but it does look very good, very jealous. :cry:
    So what cardio events are people into?
    For me it's cycling and running. :)
  13. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well, I'm very much into typing and clicking. I do it about 7 days a week for a few hours each day; up to 10 hours on a weekday, but a little less on the weekends. It's rather intensive, especially when the batteries to my keyboard start to run out, but there's like just enough power for it to work and you just have to tap the same button two or three times extra hard.

I'm pretty sure that burns some calories. Do you know of any app to track my burnt calories and typing speed over time? Would be very helpful.

On a more serious note: I'm not very athletic. I played basketball for 5 years but I quit a few years ago. I'm not much into the whole cardio/fitness stuff though; especially running.
  14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Likewise, however my cycling has stopped sadly because I gots no bike!
  15. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Aww Mrp !?!?! :cry:
    Why what happened to it did it go and live in biky heaven? :D
  16. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

17. Levi

and here I was thinking mrp was a grown up, at least it hasn't got the training wheels on still :p
  18. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

oooo! That is a man's bike! Where is Harry when I need him!
  19. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

I love the advert for the Adidas Micoach
  20. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Same here really jealous. :cry: