found on twitter

well, debating what sandwich filling I was going to have was slightly more important. :p

I did think it would be interesting to see how much Comic Sans is out there and people have had put in their "designs". I might start a lil flickr set or something :p

I think an equally as bad font to see out in town etc would be papyrus :eek:

oh god. one of the girls, she's lovely I might add and can produce some good work, used papyrus in her final major HNC project. I did cringe a little :/

Papyrus can be used effectively though... certain themed nights and themed things can use it, that would be seen in town.... granted alot of the time it wouldnt be used well but :D

It sort of worked for her, but there were better alternatives. Problem with Papyrus is it's overused and mostly in a bad way :/

poor old M$ publisher... that died a horrible death didn't it :p

Sadly not. It's still out there proudly fooling people into believing they're "designers".

We get submitted artwork that's been created in Publisher (sometimes Word and PowerPoint too!), almost all such files are fraught with issues, but alas the department won't listen to my cries of "no adverts created in Microsoft applications" :|

I used to deal with Publisher stuff when I worked in New Zealand from people believing that they were "Designers" because they could put WordArt on a Publisher Template :p :lol:

chrismitchell said:
I used to deal with Publisher stuff when I worked in New Zealand from people believing that they were "Designers" because they could put WordArt on a Publisher Template :p :lol:

Word Art is ze devil. Had a lady complaining that she wanted a free advertisement because her lovely Baby Kruffy Font | dafont.com font didn't print correctly. Thankfully we have a disclaimer that says if you're stupid enough to send you advert in Word then you're liable for the fonts working, not us :D

thats insane... fortunately we told people we had to redesign the whole thing in InDesign or Quark at a cost to them because its unprintable.. some people complained.. some didn't :p

Back