Forum Competition - What do you want?

How interested would you be in participating in a competition?

• Massively Interested

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Quite Interested

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Not overly Interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't Care Less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

Squiddy

So me and Tony have been discussing competitions lately, and we really want to get started on planning our first proper DF Competition since the change over, and generally since, well a really, really long time.
If you could please fill out the short survey and also let us know what kind of prizes you would be interested in receiving as winner(s) Note: Prizes must be realistic, we're not buying a private jet ;)

There we go, I've put down what I'd be interested in. I want to get out of my comfort zone a little (but not too much).
Just a thing about the prizes; we literally have nothing yet. We're open to suggestions and things, but I'd rather keep it design related. Don't really want them to be cash rewards. Any thoughts on that?

could you do 12-24 and 24+ hours for the time, I'd say the current time options are too limiting :)
As to prizes - why not go the simple route of vouchers on amazon or similar... then the winner can get what they want... or maybe a nokia 620 or huawei w1 payg mobile phone (I want a cheap windows mobile phone but I've got a perfectly good android one so....). It really does depend on your budgets or if you're feeling flush from those adverts you could go up to a small laptop (asus 11inch i3 win 8 for £350) or ipad mini or something :p
oh and what happened to the option of a 3d design comp :p

I'd be quite interested in giving this a go. No idea what the prizes would be though. Like Levi suggested, maybe vouchers?

Levi, we mean active time not rendering time ;) I've changed it to include 12-24 and 24+. In terms of 3D design, if you mean 3D objects rendered for a 2D graphic, I would still class that as design, 3D for me is like 3D modelling in a 3D environment. Convince me otherwise and I'll happily change it.
We've got some ideas for prizes, but if you guys tell us what you want we'll make sure we don't screw it up ;)

3d as in modelled in 3d :)
oh and my vote for 12-24 hours is for 1 week not 4 weeks... so you could say it's 4x3 but I'd rather just take 1 day on the design instead of splitting it up

But the end result would be a 2D graphic, it wouldn't be 3D modelling, would it. What sort of stuff are you talking about designing? I'm thinking about branding work: websites, business cards, leaflets etc
Either way, keep it coming everyone - the more interest is shown here the more willing we are to find some better prizes ;)

Alright, I've put it on. If there are any other suggestions, just mention it below!

now my vote isn't registering for it..... typical... goes to delete my original vote.... edit now it is :)

So can anyone think of any previous design competitions that they've been a part of that went particularly well? How long ago was it? What were the prizes?

the book cover one... it went ok on the entries, I didn't do very well though and I can't remember what the winner got.
the drunken goose one.... it went very well for me.... I won :p
6 month spotify sub (I never claimed this as I had no use for it) and amazon vouchers for the win, something for second and a book for third iirc... at least 6 months to a year ago now.

Was the book cover one on DF? Have you ever done any comps on another site?

book cover one - yeah.... LONG time ago....
on other sites... not design based, I've entered ones on hexus (pc stuff) for example which are questionaires ... never win though.

Fair enough.
So.. only 9 people interested in entering a competition and 2 of those are myself and Tony. Is no one else at all interested?

I think maybe pinning this thread throughout all of the sub-forums (if possible with this board?) would help garner a bit more interest?

You can't do that with IPBoard I don't think but I have moved it into the General Graphic Design forum category, let's see if it gets some more attention.

What about a rebrand? Might be interesting everyone starting at the same point and seeing where it ends up.

Back