Form v function

I have had a quick glance and the first thing that comes to mind is that you have used alot of image based text, so that isn't really all that SEO friendly and seems a bit wasted, have you thought about SIFR (Scalable Inman Flash Replacement) So allows you to have a text in any font you want, but also degrades to CSS so basically its normal text in the code.

Brett

Hi Brett

Thanks for your advice - sounds good I will look into SIFR sounds like a really good way of
getting the style and keeping the SEO. Beautiful illustrations going on in your site by the way...

cheers
andy

Hay peekaboo is right, and by having most of the text in the alt attribute will do little as the search engines wont index most of it any way. The alt attribute is supposed to be no more than a brief description lasting about 5 words not 20+.

You also have cronaclization issues and you need to redirect the non www. to the www.

To do this create a plain text file call it .htaccess and place this code in it if you are running apache.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^http://www\.noondesign\.co\.uk
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.noondesign.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

Load that file up to your main root directory and that should sort it, let me know if you get an error.

But the massive issue you have is with you title element and headings never put html special characters in there, change & to and.

Secondly this is a big no no is that you have 3 h1 tags. Never have more than 1 and in that 1 heading tag should have your main keyword for the page in. The h1 should be at the top of the page as well not the bottom.

But at the moment that site will not rank at all.
Jaz

I agree with Brett.

SIFR is the way forward, other than that the site has a really nice clean design. I like it.

O.K. mrleesimpson can I ask why you class that as the most important issue regarding his site?

The search engines will index the first 125 characters of the alt attribute, which will mean all his text should fall under this mark and thus be indexed, ok the value of it will be devalued but they will still be indexed.

However by not consoladating his equity and removing harmfull tags, such a mutilple h1's, he will be penalized!!!! be it his equity may be halved, thus rankings WILL sufer, plus content duplication penalty and a filter all joining in on the spammyness of the tags.

This is by far the greater issue here regarding SEO and his site, the SIFR is an important issue, don't get me wrong, but not the way forward.

Fixing the penalization issues is the way forward, followed by the SIFR as an added bonus and a good SEO policy.

Otherwise what's the point?
He's still going to be penalized, regardless of if the text is indexable out side of the alt attribute via SIFR.

Jaz

He he, sorry just re-read my post, yeah I didn't mean to come off quite as "violent" as I did, my appologises, and I do agree with his point and that he is agreeing with us, I'm just argueing samantics, I suppose. lol.

Jaz

Back