Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For my birthday I got a...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by allyally2k, Jul 9, 2010.

1. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Pantone Guide. My boyfried got me it and he picked the solid uncoated and coated one... but when I was looking a while back I thought the bridge one would be more useful? hmmm so which is better to have? 'Cos i'll try an exchange this one if the bridge one is better/more useful? Thoughts?! :confused:

2. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Great pressie Ally, but I'd exchange it for the colour bridge as it will help when specifying and choosing colours for your work.

Is that your bus up there in your avatar?

:D

3. berry

berry Active Member

yeh. can I buy your camper????

4. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Afraid not :-( there were millions at Glastonbury so took a pic of as many as I could, that was one of my fave's though! I really, really want one... maybe next birthday!

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Berry you could not get any camper!

6. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

hmm now i've seen the cmyk coated and uncoated now would that be more beneficial?!

7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Well, we have all the books here and we use them for different things. When we are designing we refer to the colour bridge more as we can see how colours print and choose the closest four colour breakdown to match the colours we need.

The coated and uncoated books are used if we get an artwork in to print so we can check our output is as close to a specified colour as possible.

I would think eventually the best combo for you would be the uncoated and coated colour bridge books. The standard swatch books do have a mark on each swatch to see if the colour is achievable with a four colour breakdown though (four dots under the number) But it doesn't give you the info on the breakdown.

You can use the colour info palettes in potatoshop and illustrator to check the process breakdown but a colour bridge book is the most accurate.

8. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Right ok thanks... useful info. Yeah I would definitely like both coated and uncoated bridge books, but can prob only really afford one (well swap) so will prob go with coated then :)