Font Coming Soon

GibbonIt

Hi Guys
I wanted to try my hand in the Typographic World, which I ideally need to gain more experience in. So I tried creating a basic font, but one which is modern and clean (although it is similar to other fonts).

What do you think about the letters so far. Name To Be Announced - Got any ideas for one?

Cheers
Ben

Attachments

• My Font EDIT.png
    My Font EDIT.png
    722.3 KB · Views: 60
Moiser?

8egudy4a.jpg

balders said:
Thanks for pointing that out:
'So I tried creating a basic font, but one which is modern and clean (although it is similar to other fonts).'
I made mine from scratch and just wanted to practice, and when you think about it so many other fonts are similar to one another. One key change in the letters so far is the 'C', but its hard to deny they are completely different. I think I should also point out that if you look at the other letters in Moiser, they are not at all similar to my typography, will release a larger preview soon.

I want to make a typeface, think it would be a good learning process. I can imagine them being very tricky to design without them looking similar to others. What have you started to build it in?

Jordan said:
I want to make a typeface, think it would be a good learning process. I can imagine them being very tricky to design without them looking similar to others. What have you started to build it in?
I didn't really know what to use my self! :unsure:
So far I have been experimenting with the whole lowercase alphabet in illy.

It reminds me of Futura Regular with shorter ascenders. I like these types of font-faces, I am curious to see your final product. Good luck!

Very nice. Would love to use it when completed ;) You planning to make it in a font file, or just leave as vector?
Oh... also had a look at font lab.... $600! No other option to create a font?

Back