Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Follow Apples Announcements Live

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tbwcf, Sep 9, 2009.

1. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

For those of you who don't know apple are in the middle of a "media announcement"
    you can follow it live here: Gizmodo Liveblog

2. shame nothing on any kinda Macbook stuff :(

3. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

YET... (hopefully)

4. tim

tim Senior Member

oh ****.
    soryy!

5. LOL @ Timbo

6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

or you could just follow tim on twitter!

7. tim

tim Senior Member

lol not my fault- some of my friends couldnt be arsed to tune into live feeds online and i gotta learn it (repeating it helps, i guess), so yeah.

8. ReflexStock

ReflexStock Member

Can I acctually ask are you going to pay money for Snow Leopard ? because it really is just a service pack :S

9. tim

tim Senior Member

it's not just a service pack. since when have service packs meant that there are large interface and speed changes?

hummm, never.

10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Even I would pay £29 for Snow Leopard from Leopard, hell I'd be happy if MS went and had their vista to w7 upgrade (which is basically the same principle as SL) at under £100 for the pro/ultimate versions (or better yet 1 pack does everything!)

Tim - did you get to play with the ipod touches yet, is the 8Gig the same speed as the new 32/64GB versions?

11. tim

tim Senior Member

nope only 32gb and 64gb are updated.

well worth £229 or £299 tho

12. Levi

thought that was the case, never disputed the value on the larger sizes especially with the updated cpu and gpu (albeit probably cheaper than the old parts), just felt the 8GB was a bit of a rip off considering what I suspected was the last gen re-released with 20 quid knocked off. I don't really need larger than the base model.

Looks like I'll be waiting on an ipod touch, I'm in no rush for one and only really wanted it to test out my website (mobile browser optimised) on mobile safari when its finished as I have a win mo and a symbian device already :) Might see what the prices are like on a refurb 32 when they start coming through.

13. tim

tim Senior Member

wohhh, they wont be through for quite a while yet...

14. Levi

Like I said, I'm in no rush for the ipod touch, I've done without up until now and theres no way I'm going to buy into the 8GB model, I was after one of the original generation 1 models but didn't get that as my sensible head was on rather than ooooh shiney hat :)

15. tim

tim Senior Member

lol :p

fair play sir

16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

You can pick up a 1st gen 8gb Touch on ebay for as little as £80-90.

17. Levi

Typo I just will not do ebay, don't like the idea of auctions unless I can see what I'm buying.

18. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I always shop eBay local for things like this. Then you can call round to the seller check out the goods and pay cash. Maybe even haggle 'em down a bit. Then if the item packs up a week later. You know where they live. The option to firebomb is up to you.

I've done some really great deals this way. I agree that distance buying generally isn't to smart.