Folio Crit

Hey Matt.

Not the most indepth crit, someone else will hopefully pop along to help you out.

Just wanted to say I really like the way the sections under 'Work' fold out. Only other thing, the images take quite a while to load for me, I'd try and quicken that up a bit as that's really the whole point of the site, showing off the images.

Not amazingly slow, but 2-3 seconds per image. Just had a look and most of them are 200kb+, could cut down on that a bit I would have thought!

Unique design work...I can tell you love typography :) Looks good. Definitely stands out from a lot of work I see around the web and it is simple...which I love simple.

Agreed some nice work there, indexhibit lends it's self nicely to presenting your style/type of work I think too.

Some nice bits of work.
Unfortunetly the home page menu and name typography is fairly crap, considering the stuff that on display.
Did a friend or someone else build and design the site for you? It's just not in keeping with your work. Content of the site very good, design of the actual site rubbish. You're letting yourself down. Go back and display your work in the manner it deserves.You are in the image and presentation business. Sell your work, don't present it from out of a Morrisons carrier bag.

Berry said:
Some nice bits of work.
Unfortunetly the home page menu and name typography is fairly crap, considering the stuff that on display.
Did a friend or someone else build and design the site for you? It's just not in keeping with your work. Content of the site very good, design of the actual site rubbish. You're letting yourself down. Go back and display your work in the manner it deserves.You are in the image and presentation business. Sell your work, don't present it from out of a Morrisons carrier bag.

I think its because he's used "indexhibit" (here Welcome :: Indexhibit) so didn't actually build the website, it looks like its a download used to show a portfolio etc.

Kudosis said:
I think its because he's used "indexhibit" (here Welcome :: Indexhibit) so didn't actually build the website, it looks like its a download used to show a portfolio etc.

If that's the case then he's just deliberatly shot himself in the foot.
Don't take quick shortcuts to promote yourself, you will be judged on that. Shame

Back