Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foam Board Cutting - Circles!

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by hankscorpio, Jun 3, 2016.

1. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Anyone know of any cool gadgets for cutting foam boards to circles? Particularly 5mm foam board!

Besides a laser guided die cutting machine...

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

If you don't mind a pin hole in the middle you can get a compass that has a blade instead of a 'pencil' for the outside circle. To be fair though circles are a pita at the best of time if you don't want a pin hole in the middle.

3. hankscorpio

Definitely don't want a pin hole! Could do it with a metal plate on top I suppose.

I've seen these

But they don't seem to be 5mm board.

4. Levi

5. hankscorpio

6 inch diameter though was hoping for at least 12... but that's what all the girls say...

6. Levi

I can't say I've ever heard that :p

7. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Graphics Direct supply me with my foam board and are a really friendly bunch. I'm sure if the manufacturer makes a larger cutter, they'd be happy to get on ein for you.

8. hankscorpio

Great thanks BigDave! Do you ship to Ireland :)

9. hankscorpio

Actually if you can find out more about this it would be great.

10. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I imagine they would happly ship to Ireland. I'll give them a call next week and see what the score is and f they can get you a bigger circle cutter.

hankscorpio likes this.