Flyer Feedback

Elans

I'm currently working on the design and development of a flyer that aimed towards employers who are able to hire apprentices/interns.
View attachment 1643
I'm in dire need for professional and casual feedback from you peeps. I could use some feedback regarding the following:
  • Colour
  • Graphical Layout
  • Font/Style/Size/Colour
  • And any opinion yo have on the overall layout, appearance.
  • It would also be useful if you could write the very first thing that your eyes are drawn too when you see the flyer.
  • And lastly it would be great if you could give me your opinion on the use of the word "Free" in every day promotion and advertising.

Thank you! ^-^

Attachments

• NEW Apprenticeship blue empl.png
    NEW Apprenticeship blue empl.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Colour
Its blue, maybe think about finding an intresting colour pallet to work with that will be more visually appealing.
  • Graphical Layout
Layout reminds me of an HTML, with colums and text that doesn't have much padding.
  • Font/Style/Size/Colour
Tahoma is a nice font it does get used a fair bit though.
  • It would also be useful if you could write the very first thing that your eyes are drawn too when you see the flyer.
The first thing I was drawn to was the lack of space around the edges of the type.

You should also thinkg about adding relevant images of apprentices that look happy.

Start by addressing your margins. Nothing should be right next to something else so put 10mm or so of clearance around your paragraphs.

Also, increase the line height of the text as it looks too cramped.

I'll be honest, the comments aren't going to be pretty with this design.

• Colour
well it's blue.....and not a nice shade either for me personally.

• Graphical Layout
I'm going to guess you haven't done any design training, this is very 'high school' grade design, there's no padding/margins/white space etc. It also looks like it was made in MS word/publisher or a serif package rather than a dedicated design program (no serif isn't one lol).

• And any opinion yo have on the overall layout, appearance.
not very nice it's too cramped, it's also quite dull to look at.

cluttered design followed by then settling on the twitter logo/qr code area...

• And lastly it would be great if you could give me your opinion on the use of the word "Free" in every day promotion and advertising
Free - when I see this I normally think... what's the hidden cost, nothing is 'free'.

I'm also going to recommend you look at hiring a designer for this, it will likely work out better in the long run.

Back