Fitting text inside a shape/object

Decker

Running into issues fitting text inside this shape.

Type on a path isn't quite getting me there, and envelope distort is giving me some weird distortion (not in the right way)

Could someone help me tackle this?

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 8.22.24 PM.png

The issue you're running into with the upper text which I presume you used the "type on path" way is that once you've set your type on the path, you need to go to Type > Type On Path and then select Skew in the menu.

This will put the text in an upright orientation much the way Paul's example shows.

This way is good if you want the text to be the exact same angle as the lines/shape it's inside and not match it manually.

You can ensure this by copying one of the paths from the shape and using that to set your text on.

The issue you're running into with the upper text which I presume you used the "type on path" way is that once you've set your type on the path, you need to go to Type > Type On Path and then select Skew in the menu.

This will put the text in an upright orientation much the way Paul's example shows.

This way is good if you want the text to be the exact same angle as the lines/shape it's inside and not match it manually.

You can ensure this by copying one of the paths from the shape and using that to set your path on.

Yep - that worked really well. Thanks for helping me solve that!

Back