fitness/personal training logo

mackabo

Hi guys

Im a personal trainer and Im designing a new logo for my business. As yet I haven't settled on Finish Line Fitness or Finish Line Personal Training and at this stage Im playing around with some ideas.

Im happy with the runner vector and the font type and I want to retain the gold/black/white colour scheme. Im struggling a little bit with the layout, colour contrast and scaling/positioning between lettering and runner.

The majority of branding will be used on a black background (website, leaflets, tshirts, livery etc) however I want the logo to work just as well in grayscale or on a white background for letterheads etc.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you experts can offer on what I've scamped so far!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• finish line logo scamps.png
    finish line logo scamps.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 67
I think the runner running through the text as if it were a finish line works quite nicely.

Somewhere Typo, somewhere deep inside your mind... right at the very centre... there's a little part of your brain that's just... wrong. :p

Only at the center of his brain? But we love him anyway right!?

..I'll just grab my coat now..

Argh have to stay on topic! I honestly think the one with the runner in the middle would work best too. :)

Thanks guys

I think I prefer hopping jesus running through the middle myself.

Do you think I should make Him a different colour to the type? Plus whenever I try add "fitness" or "personal training" below that version it looks way off balance. Hmmmm.....do I really need a strapline with it......

Hi mackabo,

Have you tried using the silhouette in place of the I in FIN(I)SH? That might give you some other options on where you place LINE and FITNESS. From the graphic I think Fitness is giving you more balance than two words, Personal Training.

Can you upload some bigger images next time?
Or upload them to a free image host then link them in so we can see them easier :)

Thanks,
Greg

i like that idea greg!

i also prefer the bottom option that looks as if the runner is breaking through the finish line tape, not sure if that was intentional but it looks good!
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER

Greg said:
Hi mackabo,

Have you tried using the silhouette in place of the I in FIN(I)SH? That might give you some other options on where you place LINE and FITNESS. From the graphic I think Fitness is giving you more balance than two words, Personal Training.

what you mean like this
Finish-Line-Logo-with-Blue-.gif

Personally I think the logo's a little predictable and also very familiar looking, now I'm not sure if it's local branding or what but I'm sure I've seen stuff like it before.

Levi said:
what you mean like this
Finish-Line-Logo-with-Blue-.gif

Personally I think the logo's a little predictable and also very familiar looking, now I'm not sure if it's local branding or what but I'm sure I've seen stuff like it before.

I meant in the I of Finish originally Levi, but looks like it's been done! :rolleyes:

Typo said:

I'd imagine it's quite easy to end up with a similar concept for a name like this, guess the running guy is the obvious logo to go for?

They said it all (and maybe Typo said a bit too much).
The bottom one works best, but the shape isn't very nice. The idea of the shape is good, but right now it just looks a bit crooked as if you just quickly threw it on there. I do think the colors are rather terrible, but I guess those can easily be modified.

The presentation of the logo is pretty horrid as well. Next time give the logos some room to breathe, and make them large enough so we can give a proper evaluation of them. ;)

I dont really see a problem with the black/white/yellow colour scheme (avoids flying brick), since it's pretty synonymous with sports branding. Isn't it? Especially Everlast, anyway.
That Student Ministries one on the other hand... looks like someone was let loose on the "Bevel and Emboss" button and they just couldn't let go!

Less is more. And with Jim on this, that we've seen how embossing and beveling should be avoided. I suppose the color scheme is open, could be alright in some other combinations maybe. I do know that black and yellow are also used by Sprint these days. But it works for fitness too!

Thanks guys

An interesting variety of opinions. I will address the shape of the runner. Hopefully before Typos' missing leg quips run out!

Greg - Cheers I had already played around with the runner as one of the i's but it lost impact and even using different shaped silhouettes it often looked more like FINTSH LINE

I know the image is of low res but it is more of a gold/black/white color scheme which I am already happy with. I think the colors compliment each other and the gold represent success and achievement which is basically what personal training is all about. I do agree with Rhonda that I should try some different color combos though.

As I am the client I am not that concerned with predictability - in fact I would rather not sacrifice the concept which I feel works quite well in an attempt to be more creative or original, only to lose impact. I realise it may be "obvious" but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

And the one thing that nobody has mentioned is it's a great job by someone who's a physical trainer not a graphic designer by trade :up:

Back