Fitness logo help please

Wilko

daemon-gear.png

Hey guys,

I've been working on this for a while and have made many many different versions. This is the latest and would LOVE to hear some feedback!

The target market is: male 20-30yo

Thanks so much for looking :)

Cheers Ben

Maybe I'm missing something. What has that logo got to do with fitness? I can see the brand is Daemon Gear but that suggests clothing rather than fitness.

I've always related the word gear as general accessories and clothing. Like Camping gear is a range of products used for camping. Maybe its different in the US (I'm from Australia).

To me, there's a link with Daemons being portrayed as muscular and powerful. You're right though it's not a logo that says fitness like a barbell or something else symbolic of fitness. I guess I'm just hoping that some people will just like the symbol and like the brand because of it.

Doesn't work like that. Nobody buys into a brand because of a logo. They use a brand because the products are good, the service is great, it meets their needs or (if they are daft) because of some celebrity endorsement.

No matter how you define the word gear, it still doesn't relate to fitness. Nor does a daemon make me think of muscular of powerful. I'd put them more in the pain in the butt category. Or the partners in the Philip Pullmen books.

I'm from the UK.

I like it. When I first saw it I had the same reaction but the more I thought about it, it seemed to suit the target demographic of males 20–30, especially with the hyper-masculine idea of being god-like. I could easily see it used in conjunction with weights or boxing photography.

There's a lot of sports equipment aimed at men that utilises 'manly' concepts and whilst it doesn't really appeal to me, it does seem to appeal to those men who are so obsessed with how they look they're prepared to put themselves through rigorous weight training and strict to physically change their bodies. I'm talking about equipment that's made from solid steel, finished in jet black or presented in metal cases, stuff that you wouldn't mind your mates seeing you have. It's also why we have aftershave in the shape of fists and skull, soap in the shape of grenades, and shampoo bottles that mimic the shape of car shampoo. I don't think the idea of a demon here is wrong at all, especially for that age range.

Look at Rockblades, they look like knuckle-dusters and have a hyper-masculine name. They're for sports massage, but there's obviously a large proportion of customers who feel more comfortable with something like this.

Although I'm not into the whole active wear thing I do think it's good and fits the demographic very well.
(I'm not going to repeat what Paul said but ditto)

Doesn't work like that. Nobody buys into a brand because of a logo. They use a brand because the products are good, the service is great, it meets their needs or (if they are daft) because of some celebrity endorsement.

In many cases that couldn't be further from the truth.
Some clothing brands work around a lifestyle and the logo is key.

I used to work for Australian surf/lifestyle brand Mambo designing prints and everything was built around the branding.
They literally had 100's of variations of their own logo.
People bought into the message of irreverent culture/lifestyle and I don't think they ever even made any commercially available surfing equipment apart from artist one offs.

BTW. The whole "Active Wear" thing is a bit of an in joke in my family and this has become our anthem.
It's Australian too!

Some clothing brands work around a lifestyle and the logo is key.

Supreme is probably the best example of this, a ridiculously over-hyped clothing brand that pretty much all revolves around their logo. People buy useless crap because it has the logo on it, and the limited retail stock makes for HUGE demand with a t-shirt that was $40 selling for up to 10 times that on the aftermarket. Supreme as a brand doesn't claim to be better quality, or offer good service (their store staff are notoriously arrogant). They sell clothing with their logo on or collaborate with other brands to make limited quantity, gaudy items that for some reason people just go mad for. Just yesterday I was getting my haircut and the lad doing it had a set of Supreme hair clippers mounted on the wall that he paid a small fortune for. Why, he didn't know, he just wanted them.

EXACTLY!

One of my kids (skaters) wanted a Supreme baseball cap that was £130.
After I'd slapped him on the head repeating the words "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!" he changed his mind.

Supreme is just known and worn for being expensive.
I'd read about those Supreme bricks becoming so sought after.

OK I get all that but there had to be the hype to begin with. Nobody saw the logo and decided to buy. The brand was heavily marketed and the sheep all followed. There have been many examples of this over the years. People buy into brands because it's the cool thing to do. They want to be seen with the logo. But it begins with the marketing not the logo.

I'd never be sucked into the whole brand obsession / worship scenario. Except for Land Rover, Jaguar, Thomas Pink, Camper, Breitling, Berghaus, Samsonite, Swissgear, David Lynch Coffee, Heron Published books, et al.

Actually, having read my first sentence, ignore this post!

Maybe I'm missing something. What has that logo got to do with fitness? I can see the brand is Daemon Gear but that suggests clothing rather than fitness.

You are right, I had similar thought, the logo doesn't replicate fitness in any way.

I think the marketing is what bring people to come to buy. . .what so ever. . .the design is actually visual marketing. . .is something nice that attract peoples.
Back to the logo, I like the idea. . . I would try to experiment using less curves (inspire femininity)...and the skull it's seem a little too tiny for me. but overall Great Job!

Back