First website, feedback please

shadygirl420

My boyfriend asked me to create him a website. I have played around a little with web design before but not much. I have been following lots of tutorials on youtube, which have been very helpful. This is what I have came up with, I think its a little over done and thinking about just starting over, opinions please.
testys.jpg

Hi there,

Before this thread goes any further, I'd ask you to refer to the posting guidelines for work & project feedback: http://www.designforums.co.uk/work-...0-please-read-posting-your-work-feedback.html

Post some surrounding information, or even better the design brief together with your work, it's very difficult to receive useful feedback without this information as the work has no context. The more information you can provide the better your feedback is likely to be.
Thanks,
Greg

Definitely start over, and this time don't use any layer styles (blending options), at all. That should be a good start. Don't use any complicated effects or fonts in your header either. Just some plain shapes and text with some distinction between colors will get you a long way.

I agree with onartis.

What Itend to do (it eventually works) is try to visualize the person weho it is for and what they like - and what they want to show off to the world. Eventually it works.

P.S. I reccommend also try relaxing and unwinding - you think better - before getting to work.

It would probably also be useful to get some content to use for the layout, so you can really start to get an idea of how any design ideas you come up with will work in the real situation, good luck :)

Greg said:
It would probably also be useful to get some content to use for the layout, so you can really start to get an idea of how any design ideas you come up with will work in the real situation, good luck :)

Just wanted to add to Greg's quote: If you dont know about it already Lorem Ipsum - All the facts - Lipsum generator is the best place to get mock-up text. Its been used for hundreds of years (not this website obviously- I mean the text) and explains all about it on the homepage.

Or you could get the real content, which will be on the site, and is actually what you should build your site around... lorem Ipsum shouldn't be used (imo)

Back