First post! Logo feedback?

Nikwilliams

Hey all!

Been reading the forum lately and really digging the conversations and feedback I've been seeing. I look forward to joining the community :)
Lately I've been attempting to improve my branding ability and I've been working on quite a few little fictional logo jobs. The past few days have been spent working on this little corporate logo idea I had and I've finally gotten to a point where I'm happy with the outcome. What are you guys thoughts? What can be improved / fixed? Any feedback is welcome as I'm just getting used to forums here! Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• finalmockup.png
    finalmockup.png
    783.5 KB · Views: 13
welcome to the forum

First thing that stood out to me is the angles/perspective is off on the tower making it look out of whack, pretty sure it's the second largest one at the top.

I think it would look better without the gradient too. Is there a reason teh - on either side of investments is in three pieces, it will be lost at small sizes

Biggest issue is that to me it doesn't say city it says tower, there's only one building.

Levi said:
welcome to the forum

First thing that stood out to me is the angles/perspective is off on the tower making it look out of whack, pretty sure it's the second largest one at the top.

I think it would look better without the gradient too. Is there a reason teh - on either side of investments is in three pieces, it will be lost at small sizes

Biggest issue is that to me it doesn't say city it says tower, there's only one building.
Thanks for the feedback, Levi. I understand where you're coming from with the perspective. What do you mean the three pieces? The gradient was just used as a simple mock up to give it a little depth and the city / tower dilemma is a result of having a logo in mind and making up a quick name to accompany it.

either side of the 'investments' part of the name you have the lines in 3 pieces, at small sizes the gap would be lost so you might as well just use one line.

Levi said:
either side of the 'investments' part of the name you have the lines in 3 pieces, at small sizes the gap would be lost so you might as well just use one line.
Sorry couldn't see it on my phone but now that I'm on my computer I see what you're saying. The intention was to use one line but I used a few dashes with no space between them to match the rest of the text easily. Wasn't noticeable until I put the drop shadow and bevel on it :blush: Good catch!

I like the idea but the execution would benefit from some more development, such as addressing the issues already raised and exploring a few different approaches to the illustrative part of the logo.

Back