Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ever Website Mascot

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by hitchy.ali, Dec 3, 2010.

1. hitchy.ali

hitchy.ali New Member

Hey Guys,

I've had a plan in my head for quite a while now on what I wanted to do with my site. One of which is to add a website mascot.

I haven't been drawing for long, and this is the first ever mascot I've created but I wanted a bit of feedback before I put it live in case there were any glaring problems with it you can find.

Hopefully there aren't too many, but I will admit I am a complete novice when it comes to this. All positive criticism welcome!

Thanks,
    Ali

[​IMG]

2. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I like it from the waist up, just not as sure about the legs and the feet, they seem a bit too flat?

I'm also not sure about the shading down the jumper and jeans - the way it is just makes it look like two coloured clothing rather than shadow!

But I like it and I think it could work well on your site :icon_smile:

3. hitchy.ali

hitchy.ali New Member

I completely agree! I think I may create a few more versions until I get it how I want. Need to work on my shadows a bit more too!

Thanks for all the help, I'll post up my next ones here when I get them done.

Ali

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

If you're using Illustrator, take a look at the gradient mesh tool. It's great for adding depth to images :)

Aside from the legs being flat I like it, though the neck seems a bit too bit for the rest of the body.

5. hitchy.ali

hitchy.ali New Member

Ooh, gradient mesh tool. Not used before, will look into it!

Thanks,
    Ali

:)

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

It basically adds a mesh over the object and you can change the colour at each point which will create a gradient :)