Fireworks 8 a couple of questions

markymark2407

1.What is a good size of canvas to start with for a web page, (I want to design all my pages in fireworks then transfer to dreamweaver?

2. How do I transfer a jpg picture from one of my files to a fireworks page?

There is not a standard canvas size when developing webpages in fireworks or photoshop as there are different ways of developing a webpage. Some people start with a canvas size a bit larger than the screen resolution there working to.

1024x768 is the size of most screens but not all, and we want our website to look good on all monitors right? so we have to overcome this issue using different techniques when coding the site.

Search google for designing a template in fireworks/photoshop and you should find a good tutorial to get you started.

There is not a standard canvas size when developing webpages in fireworks or photoshop as there are different ways of developing a webpage. Some people start with a canvas size a bit larger than the screen resolution there working to.
Personally I start with around 1000x650, and on that I draw a section that's 800x600, which is the key size most designers design to. Stick to that and you should be fine, although, you can obviously go smaller if you so wish.

800x600, which is the key size most designers design to. Stick to that and you should be fine, although, you can obviously go smaller if you so wish.

Is your monitor 800x600? Most are not nowadays, I use javascript to detect this old screen resolution to auto resize my page.

No, my monitor's a 19inch 1280x1024, but the point I was making is that if you design your website to fit in that, then it'll work with all main browsers on the 1024x768 resolution, which is what a large % of people use.

I may be wrong, I don't think I am, but correct me if I am.

Back