Fired PIzza Logo

bennallick

Hey guys! :)
Hope everyone is ok, and well.
I have been asked to design a logo for a Beech Fired Pizza company.
The guy running the show is called mr "Beech" which works well with the wood they burn.
Here are the initial designs (by no means finished) just to show tha basic ideas.
Was wondering if you would be able to show me what you think, from a design point. Typography will probably be changed. This is mainly going to be shown at farmers markets so a slightly more 'rustic' quality should show. The logo will be used on shirts so the fewer colours the better. The shape of the oven is shown in the bottom one, as on the 'zz' in the top idea.
Recomendatiosn for colours, type and layout would be absolutley wonderful!
Many thanks
Jon
:)

Attachments

• 1st goes.png
    1st goes.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 23
I'd keep sketching some more ideas. The top one looks like two separate logos sitting next to each other and the bottom one looks very disjointed. I quite like the shape above the word Pizza in the top one though. Also, I'd avoid using too many fonts at once. I'd recommend using just one, or no more than two - one for Beech Fired and one for Pizza.

Yup It's it's not working for me either.

Try getting some warm in the design. Maybe a circle (like a pizza) branding ring. Distressed font and line work.
Think about what you are trying to get across to the customer.
Is it Italian? Earthy? Cowboy? do some research. Sketch out some ideas and lets see them.

I'd concentrate on getting the black & white version right before applying colour, that's how it'll look on all their receipts and invoices. I actually quite like the look of it in the black square, but without the furnace thing on top. Reminds me of a pizza box. The font doesn't look quite right to me though. Might be worth making the furnace smaller and trying different fonts out. I recommend dafont.com if you're looking for new free ones to try out.

Don't use auto grunge fonts. The character duplication makes it look bad. If you want to roughen your type, do it yourself.

Back