Finalising A logo

glenwheeler

Hi Guys,

I have finally completed a logo design but how do I finalise the logo as in wrap it all together as 1 image for the end user to use? Any tips would be great, thanks very much.

I think you need to give some more information. Do you mean, what collection of sizes, formats, files etc should you supply etc (overall hand-over end package)?. or do you mean merge layers down (photoshop) and that sort of stuff?

Bear in mind I am not a designer so don't have a clue anyway :)

I'm not sure what you mean by wrapping it together as one image Glen? Assuming you've created the logo in Illustrator, just provide the logo in .EPS format.

Aarlev said:
I'm not sure what you mean by wrapping it together as one image Glen? Assuming you've created the logo in Illustrator, just provide the logo in .EPS format.

Alot of not so savvy people won't even know what an EPS is. But you should definately supply them one. The amount of times I've begged people for an EPS of their logo only to be told "I don't have one". "What's an EPS?" "I can't get hold of the designer", etc.

So probably, supply and EPS, JPEGS (high quality) in colour, black & white/grayscale.

yeh I'd do:

eps
jpeg
png
pdf

all on a CD

Bearing in mind if someone is paying for a logo they more than likely will only use the jpeg themselves

yeah most people will only want/use the JPEGs, but its nice to supply lots of versions for the lucky/unlucky person who might have to work with the logos in the future

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the late reply. I have completed the logo and want to pass it over. I will make the logo into the different formats and will send the EPS over to them aswell. In the past I have had logo's made but when the EPS is sent it seems that all the layers of the logo are merged together in illustrator. How do I do this? This is what I meant..sorry for the confusion.

Becky said:
Alot of not so savvy people won't even know what an EPS is. But you should definately supply them one. The amount of times I've begged people for an EPS of their logo only to be told "I don't have one". "What's an EPS?" "I can't get hold of the designer", etc.

So probably, supply and EPS, JPEGS (high quality) in colour, black & white/grayscale.

Sorry I thought he was sending it to a Web Designer or other creative. Missed the 'end user' bit. ;)

Aarlev said:
Sorry I thought he was sending it to a Web Designer or other creative. Missed the 'end user' bit. ;)

I don't think it was implied, but its always best to cover all bases. And where I work we usually work towards the lowest common denominator :p At least if they have different types of files available they're covered.

As for merging... like this maybe?

Which works for turning the whole thing the same colour (oops). But you can just group them together and save as an EPS, I really wouldn't worry about merging layers and such, especially in Illustrator.

Attachments

• merge.jpg
    merge.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
How do you mean group them, can you write me a little diagram to do this ie

Click this >> then this >> then this >> etc etc?

Select all the items (CTRL + A or Select > All) or just drag your cursor over everything. Right click > Group (or CTRL + G or Object > Group)

Back