Final Packaging Design

rickmann08

Hi Everyone, this is my first time here and I am hoping I can get some feedback on some packaging that I am doing.

I am in the finishing stage of creating package designs for a line of elegant coffee’s the problem is that everyone is torn between the looks of the Gold, Dessert and Emperor’s Choice (everyone loves the tall black box).

I wanted to get everyone’s vote. Set 1, 2 or 3? Please let me know as this will be the deciding factor on which to go with.

NC BOXES-1.jpgNC BOXES-2.jpgNC BOXES-3.jpg
Thanks
Rick

You have issues with all of them imo.

The only one that 'works' is the black base with gold text over the front, the rest blend too much. Also why does one of them have a heavy fade top and bottom while the others don't?

Hi Levi, thank you for your feedback. Other than the gold text which is going to be foil stamped what other problems are you seeing.

The Gold Coffee deign that has the gradient background on set #3 is an additional option that they wanted to see. For the Gold Coffee I recommended the solid gold box on set #3.

Please let me know about any other the issues you see.

Thanks,
Rick

Who is NC? Where are the details about the coffee strength? What is the origin of the coffee (people care about this).

They all look the same to me - the only thing I can't figure out is why the last one has a bar at the top.

Looks good though - a few inconsistencies - but they look great.

I like the black and the gold ones the most (3rd row). I'd advise changing the text colour of the contents to black on the gold one. Maybe also the title?

Who is NC? Where are the details about the coffee strength? What is the origin of the coffee (people care about this).
NC is a new coffee company. The details of the coffee are on the packaging (will change before production) . The origin of coffee is on the side. Honestly good questions but most of the people I spoke to didn't care about the origin or strength of the bean (I know I can care less) unless it was a special organic type of coffee. Thanks again!

I like the black and the gold ones the most (3rd row). I'd advise changing the text colour of the contents to black on the gold one. Maybe also the title?
Thanks for the feedback. The text color for the titles is gold because it will be foil stamped. We left the rest of the text all gold (including on the gold box) so that it stand consistent with the branding. Thanks again!

....but most of the people I spoke to didn't care about the origin or strength of the bean
Spend some time on coffee blogs and SM pages about coffee and you will discover an awful lot of people do care about strength, blends and origins.

Spend some time on coffee blogs and SM pages about coffee and you will discover an awful lot of people do care about strength, blends and origins.
Oh I totally agree but this company is following in the foot steps of ORGANO gold (according to them a mutli-million dollar coffee brand) and this new company felt that if the old company never mentioned any of this on their packaging that they were going to skip it as well.

Ironically the original company never included this on their packaging: https://www.amazon.com/Organo-Gold-Gourmet-Coffee-Ganoderma/dp/B00F3XJX6G but I did see the info about the coffee blends and origin on their website as well as other websites but just not on their own packaging. So basically I couldn't fight with the client on what they wanted. :(

Organo has a huge marketing budget. They can get away with all sorts of things.

Your client is starting from scratch with an unknown brand. Unless they have deep pockets for marketing all they have is a pretty packet.

"according" to my client they are suppose to be the original owners of Organo and left after Organo decided to move into more healthier products. So yeah I guess they have deep pockets LOL... they paid me 3 times more than what I normally charge and paid up front.

Packaging is next to impossible to critique without it being mocked up. Can you do some mock ups? I think overall set 3 is the strongest. I would simplify the background.

Back