final logo design ( continued from last topic )

danielmasoomi

hey everyone thanks again for all your feed back and helpful advice.
the logo design took longer than expected. but we got there in the end
just thought i would upload the logo on here for everyone to see
feedback welcome!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-03-08 at 11.52.26.png
    Screen shot 2013-03-08 at 11.52.26.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 77
I love the design! The only thing I would improve on is the spacing of the text. It could do with being a little bigger, after all, you want people to remember the name first and then the image. Also the kerning looks a little off in places, such as the Q U I.

Thanks squiddy.
yeah the text was thrown on last minute ive not sent the final files to her yet. just so she gets an idea i dont even think the font has been confirmed yet.
thanks for the feedback. just glad its all finished.
can move on to the next job now and arrange things better.

All I'm going to say is; how on earth is that going to work as a thumbnail? A Twitter avatar? A Facebook profile picture? A favicon?
It's massive and really detailed. I'm not sure if I like it.

Simple;
1. Enlarge text
2. Use the bird without details for any icon sized graphics such as the favicon
Sorted.

Thats her decision i went through a week and a half telling the client this exact reason for the logo not working in small print etc.
but its how she wants it. I think the logo looks great. and i think it could work with small tweaks as a thumbnail

you do know that the feathers/bird are not actually in the same direction right.... the feathers are coming out of the side of the bird...
And I'm with Tony, it's just too detailed in my opinion, I'm not sure I like it either and to top it off, the example she gave is nothing like the end result...

Thats the difficulty of the client Levi
my original logo designs where close to what she had given me as an example. but with the clients tweaking and endless idea changes this is the end result.
its what the client wanted and they are more than happy with it
I dont feel it works as a logo either its more of an artwork. I don't feel the print quality will be there when it comes to small print

Print quality will be severely affected if they try to get it printed any smaller than the image's native resolution... Oh well. If they come back complaining, as long as you explained it you get to use the "told you so" card, they can eat humble pie and pay you again to fix it.

exactly for £80 she got more than she paid for. 3 completely different logo concepts from what the brief was in the first place. Plus i already warned her about the printing side of things.
Time will tell

Love it! The icon can be used as a stand alone on small items. I can't speak for print, but you would be surprised what will fit on a icon. The feathers would gently be pushed off the icon maybe.

IDK, sometimes it's nice to see a piece of art being used as a branding element. Business is tough and without large marketing budgets, something needs to stand out.

Back