Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film thread

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Mar 3, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

What are you watching tonight or watched:

GRAN TURINO: last night I watched Clint Eastwoods Gran Turino. (It's been 5 years since he was infront of the cameras with Million Dollar Baby.) Film was very very good. Great character and great portrayal. The Guardian said an interesting thing, 'Eastwood is almost the only director to use Eastwood as an actor rather than a star presence." Good film, engrossing, would watch again, would recommend.
  2. Gran Turino :D kick ass film in my opinion too :)

I watched a couple of episodes of Black Books season 2 last night.. couldn't think of a film to watch LOL
  3. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I haven't had the chance to watch Gran Turino yet but it's definitely on my list.

I just watched Doubt yesterday. Really brilliant film. Great acting and great story. (For those who've seen it, do you think he did it or not?)

@crismitchell: Black Books is the best! I love Manni/Bill Bailey! I love the episode where they drink all the expensive wine and where the cleaner comes. "Your house is very......Dirty!" Haha! Brilliant! Went to see Bill Bailey live a few months back, also very brilliant.
  4. Yeah I have all of Bill Baileys stand ups on DVD... going to watch them over a couple of days :D

Any idea when he is going to do another round of stand up Soren.. would LOVE to see him live.. :)
  5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

He just finished his Tinselworm tour I think. It was good, but not nearly as good as Part Troll.
  6. I've started going to Amused Moose stand up just to get my stand up comedy fix :) LOL well worth watching :)
  7. berry

berry Active Member

Just watched a copy of District 9, anybody else seen it?
    I'm still in two minds whether it was good or great!
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

No, but still want to see it, what would you recommend for Orange Wednesday at the local Vue, Inglorious Basterds or District 9??
  9. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Berry, you are a BAD man funding terrorism, drug lords, dodgy ice cream sellers and the like....:<

...and yes I too watched a knock off copy of D9 tuther night as well. I liked but like you not sure if it was really any good.

Watchmen was good, Gran Turino was better. I love Eastwoods growlllll.

Working my way through the original Prisoner DVD box set at the mo.
    Never really been into it but enjoying it so far. Just don't ask me wots going on.:confused:
    Damn Blockbusters! Damn them to hell! with those cheap DVD boxsets.
    Just bought ALL the Red Dwarf seasons for 18 quid.

Better smoke me a kipper...
  10. berry

berry Active Member

District 9 for Orange Wednesday, Greg.

Red Dwarf... ah those were the days! Smeghead
  11. Thewholehogg

SMUG Mode...:D
  12. berry

berry Active Member

Squid of Despair mode....
  13. Thewholehogg

A friend of mine has a Mac Fixer company down in the Cotswolds.
    He fixes Robert Llewellyn's Mac.

Allso works for Patrick Stewart and Anne Robinson.

He's a bit of a Trekkie like me and nearly messed himself on the call out to Captain Picard's house. He has a 24" iMac and a MBP.
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, District 9 it is :)
  15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

both both both both both!
  16. Greg

Greg Active Member

I wish Orange Wednesday worked like that! :D
  17. sarah

sarah Member

What's good at the cinema at the moment. Two weeks in Cuba and i feel out of touch with the world.

P.s this thread was started by Berry on my birthday :)
  18. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

I love Gran Turino :D Haha I want to see District 9 - Is it any good?

I saw final destination last friday - I LOVED IT! I also want to see Gamer sooo bad it looks amazing! My other half wants to see avatar when it's released... I'm not that fussed though lol
  19. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Many happy returns for your birthday, any Cuba pics?
  20. sarah

sarah Member

Yeah i will post some up either later on tonight or tomorrow.....Haven't even had a chance to look through them yet! Too busy catching up on sleep and eating some decent, non-buffet styley, food!