Film Poster Feedback

Nb1299

Hey guys,

I need you to be brutally honest... can you see this as a indie film poster? POSTER

If not, what is it missing? What can I change? Sorry about the quality/colour, it's gone a bit yellow... I just had to upload a small file.

It's still kind of a work in progress, some details need improvements, the typography needs to be perfected, but any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Would have rather had it posted here than needing to go offsite...

Honestly the image doesn't fit the title imo. Picture basically shows 'bonnie and clyde' while the title is dreamland.
Also feel it would have been better to have been more of a 'hand drawn' art style similar to the work done in the 80-90's or even the style of the clothing which I'd say is 1930ish in the picture.

Would have rather had it posted here than needing to go offsite...

Honestly the image doesn't fit the title imo. Picture basically shows 'bonnie and clyde' while the title is dreamland.
Also feel it would have been better to have been more of a 'hand drawn' art style similar to the work done in the 80-90's or even the style of the clothing which I'd say is 1930ish in the picture.

Sorry about the link. Thanks for the feedback! I agree with you, I’m just having some difficulty making it fit. It’s good you were reminded of Bonnie and Clyde because I’m pretty sure the plot is loosely based on them, similar bank robberies/fugitives during the Great Depression, and there is a bit of a romance story as well. Makes it a bit hard to find the right balance for the poster.

I appreciate the suggestions, I’ll give the changes a go! Cheers.

Sorry about the link. Thanks for the feedback! I agree with you, I’m just having some difficulty making it fit because I’m pretty sure the plot is based on Bonnie and Clyde, similar bank robberies/fugitives during the Great Depression,
So give it a 'plot line' subtext.... not necessarily this but something like 'robbers find love while on the run during the great depression' or 'a Bonnie and Clyde story' somewhere.

Apart from marrying the title and image, I think the main issue I have is the poor photo cut-out. I know you can't use the full image because you've altered it to fit the format, but it looks like it needs it's background.
Alternatively, you could add a few other images to make it more of a montage, like the old posters, and try and make it a bit more like an illustration and not a photo maybe. Personally, I would use the close up
image of her that's out there as your main image, and photo comp your image with it somehow.

I don't think the diagonal adds anything, and lose the bullets, they look silly. :)

Back