• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Film Forum

Does anybody know of a good film forum to sign up to to just generally chat about films?

I just find that i have so much to talk about with films and i need somewhere to vent!

The problem with finding forums is that i never see any that are designed as well as this one, and set out so effectively. They are always really confusing and all look the same :(

Can anyone help?

Cheers!:hateie:

Thanks Ant! I'll give them a try.

Have always wanted to write a review but i don't think my writing is good enough. Some reviews i read are so metaphorical and complicated! I don't think i could compete with them., I';d just want to write it simply!

Renniks

Why not make a blog of simple reviews :)

I would prefer to read a review saying why someone liked a film etc. than someone who writes about the lighting bouncing off the face of the unsung hero bla bla bla

Sarah said:
Thanks Ant! I'll give them a try.

Have always wanted to write a review but i don't think my writing is good enough. Some reviews i read are so metaphorical and complicated! I don't think i could compete with them., I';d just want to write it simply!
I would rather read a simple review that a complicated one :D

davewill

im loving this, imagine being in the queue at the cinema, you cant decide what to go see so you check out sarahs simple reviews on your iphone and you see a list that says:
Avatar - nice effects, crap story
Sherlock Holmes - a bit disapointing
Alvin & the Chipmunks the squeakquel - dont bother
up in the air - the trailer is better than the film

you could make your mind up in seconds!
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence

Seriously though i have no idea where to start, Shall i just create a blog using some kind of online template? And then just get reviewing? arghh!

I thought Alvin & the Chipmunks the squeakquel was a bit of a giggle.
I liked Planet 51.
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs was good.
Loved Astro Boy.
2012 poor nice effects.
Harry Brown was also a good un
...shoot the Chavs yeh!

davewill

why not try a tumblr? or start a simple blogger or wordpress blog. you can start reviewing straight away, post messages in movie forums to let people know what you are doing, follow movie people on twitter, join facebook groups about the cinema...you would build up a following in no time!
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Yay thanks for the advice. I definitely think i'm going to give this a try! I'm a bit embarassed as i've never actually done it before...but got to start somewhere!

davewill

i was the same until last september, i got myself a blog using blogger as it integrates with my existing gmail account so it was really easy to do. let us know when you set it up and ill put your link on my site
________
YoungSexyBBW cam

So Blogger is the best site to go to to get going? Greg also pointed me towards the wordpress site. Eeeek which one do i go with..

davewill

from what ive seen myself, they are both very similar, its like asking if you should drink pepsi or coke, its just personal preference i think. i personally find blogger easier to navigate and use. if you have a gmail account you can log into blogger with the same details which makes it even easier. if not its simple enough to sign up
________
HornyBigTits live