Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film Forum

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by sarah, Jan 18, 2010.

1. sarah

sarah Member

Does anybody know of a good film forum to sign up to to just generally chat about films?

I just find that i have so much to talk about with films and i need somewhere to vent!

The problem with finding forums is that i never see any that are designed as well as this one, and set out so effectively. They are always really confusing and all look the same :(

Can anyone help?

2. Ant

Ant Member

This one seems quite nice. Not too many forum areas etc.
    Kinda orange on the eyes but hay,
    Film Forums .com - Powered by vBulletin

This one also seemed good, purely going on the members, (good for a real good chat), yet there seemed to be over crammed areas.
    Britmovie - British Film Forum

Also, ever thought of writing reviews on films etc? Could be an idea.
  3. sarah

sarah Member

Thanks Ant! I'll give them a try.

Have always wanted to write a review but i don't think my writing is good enough. Some reviews i read are so metaphorical and complicated! I don't think i could compete with them., I';d just want to write it simply!
  4. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Why not make a blog of simple reviews :)

I would prefer to read a review saying why someone liked a film etc. than someone who writes about the lighting bouncing off the face of the unsung hero bla bla bla
  5. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

I would rather read a simple review that a complicated one :D
  6. sarah

sarah Member

mmmm "Sarah's Simple Reviews". I would have no idea where to start with a blog though. Any ideas anyone?
  7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

How about this sort of thing.

Twilight - It's rubbish.
  8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

You should put yourself forward to the Beeb, they'll be looking for a replacement for Woss on Film 2010 :D
  9. Thewholehogg

I'm available.

Dear BBC......
  10. davewill

davewill Senior Member

im loving this, imagine being in the queue at the cinema, you cant decide what to go see so you check out sarahs simple reviews on your iphone and you see a list that says:
    Avatar - nice effects, crap story
    Sherlock Holmes - a bit disapointing
    Alvin & the Chipmunks the squeakquel - dont bother
    up in the air - the trailer is better than the film

you could make your mind up in seconds!
    Sunset Boulevard Residence
  11. sarah

sarah Member

ha ha i like it!!
  12. sarah

sarah Member

Seriously though i have no idea where to start, Shall i just create a blog using some kind of online template? And then just get reviewing? arghh!
  13. Thewholehogg

I thought Alvin & the Chipmunks the squeakquel was a bit of a giggle.
    I liked Planet 51.
    Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs was good.
    Loved Astro Boy.
    2012 poor nice effects.
    Harry Brown was also a good un
    ...shoot the Chavs yeh!
  14. davewill

davewill Senior Member

why not try a tumblr? or start a simple blogger or wordpress blog. you can start reviewing straight away, post messages in movie forums to let people know what you are doing, follow movie people on twitter, join facebook groups about the would build up a following in no time!
  15. sarah

sarah Member

Yay thanks for the advice. I definitely think i'm going to give this a try! I'm a bit embarassed as i've never actually done it before...but got to start somewhere!
  16. davewill

davewill Senior Member

i was the same until last september, i got myself a blog using blogger as it integrates with my existing gmail account so it was really easy to do. let us know when you set it up and ill put your link on my site
    YoungSexyBBW cam
  17. sarah

sarah Member

So Blogger is the best site to go to to get going? Greg also pointed me towards the wordpress site. Eeeek which one do i go with..
  18. davewill

davewill Senior Member

from what ive seen myself, they are both very similar, its like asking if you should drink pepsi or coke, its just personal preference i think. i personally find blogger easier to navigate and use. if you have a gmail account you can log into blogger with the same details which makes it even easier. if not its simple enough to sign up
    HornyBigTits live
  19. sarah

sarah Member

Cool, thank you...going to look into it all this afternoon!
  20. sarah

sarah Member

Doing it on now. Should i stick with "Sarah's Simple Reviews"??