Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA rage!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by garywaiman, Oct 5, 2011.

1. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

Just spent a bit of time on the new FIFA 12 game on my Xbox and ended up throwing the controller aside in absolute frustration at the new tactical defending system! Playing as my beloved Blackburn, I defeated Everton 4-1 in one match, then proceeded to lose to Cardiff City 5-1 in the league cup! It is proving tough to master, mistime your tackle and the striker just jogs past!:icon_cursing:

Any other FIFA fans on here?:icon_cheers:

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I prefer games that let me shoot people in the face.

I'm sort of looking forward to Battlefield 3, though I played the beta recently and was not impressed at all. I'll probably still buy it, but I was expecting much more.

3. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

It's ok, betas tend not to resemble the finished product much at all!

I'm a sports nut, so FIFA is king for me. I also have Forza Motorsport 4 on pre-order. :D I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't played MW3 :O

4. Paul Murray

Modern Warfare is a good single player game, but online multiplayer is the realm of the 12 year old :p

I got the collectors edition of Forza 3 for £25 a while back (came with a keyring and USB storage device), but didn't like the way you just go from race-to race.

I much preferred Forza 2's gameplay, where you buy cars to enter cups if you haven't won one in a previous cup. That takes me back to the old Gran Turismo games on Playstation :D

5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I am having the same problem. Couldn't even beat Bury on Sunday. Wife is out tonight so will have another crack at it.

6. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

Ahh Paul - I only started playing Forza at number 3. I somehow let the salesgirl in GAME talk me into pre-ordering the Collector's Edition of Forza 4 for £54.99. :O I only paid a £5 deposit though so I may just buy the regular one when it is released!

Regarding MW3 - have you happened to see a YouTube video of a guy who went on the online game to basically just take the P and then record the video/audio from it, for entertainment? Feeling a tad sorry for the boys who are victim to this prank but makes for a good few minutes of entertainment during your breaks!

Corrosive - it's irritating isn't it? It's still a beautifully-polished game and to be honest, it does make sense to change the tackling system, I suppose it may just take some getting used to!

7. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

8. Paul Murray

Haha, I've seen some of this guy's videos before. He makes griefing an art form :p

9. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

Only just saw some of the other videos - they really are brilliant! :D

Right, enough procrastination!

10. Corrosive

Managed to keep a clean sheet in a game last night but I was concentrating so hard on defending I couldn't score. Lost on pens :icon_crying:

11. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Played FIFA at my mate's house the other night, it was the first time I had played in about six years so I was quite impressed that my Colchester side only lost 1-0 to his 'all stars' haha

12. Corrosive

So am I! Nice one :icon_lol:

13. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I was just wasting time by passing it around and making no effort to score, mind you...

14. Corrosive

Maybe that is the key. Don't try too hard. Like my mate who beats everyone who knows all the moves in Tekken by hammering all the buttons as hard/fast as he can.

15. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

Not easy to strike a balance eh?

16. Corrosive

Won a couple last night.... Getting there :icon_smile:

17. garywaiman

garywaiman Member

Ugh I've not even had a chance to get back to since the first night of playing it! Somehow, the prospect of seeing inferior strikers jog past my defenders has knocked down the urgency. :icon_Wall:

18. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

I've just got back of holiday and got back onto Fifa 11. It's an awesome game :) The defending is a pain in the arse at times though. As are the injuries in Career Mode.