feedback wanted!

Hi all.. just wondered if I could get some critique on my current work - a logo/branding for a Michael Buble tribute act called 'This Is Buble.' These are my latest versions..ur feedback is always appreciated :) thanks..

Attachments

• buble_ideas3.jpg
    buble_ideas3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 35
  • buble7.jpg
    buble7.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 58
either 1 or 2 - but the font underneath doesn't work for me. And the 'thisisbuble' - try with making the 'is' different (or the 'this' and 'buble'). Lose all the shading and get the rest nailed first!

either 1 or 2 - but the font underneath doesn't work for me. And the 'thisisbuble' - try with making the 'is' different (or the 'this' and 'buble'). Lose all the shading and get the rest nailed first!

Agree with this. I'd probably go with the first one. In regards to the "this" and "buble" you can probably just alter the shade of the grey a tiny amount to give it a bit of definition. Only change either the two end words (make sure they're styled the same) or the middle word "is" though. Don't change it all.

The writing underneath doesn't really work, but, I don't know what I'd suggest.

What they said. Change the Zapf Chancery of whatever that is for something simpler. Helvetica bold or bold italic would be a start. Or if you want contrast, a nice serif, maybe Baskerville or something.

for me personally the font used for the 'performed by..' doesn't really work - the traditional serif clashes with the ultra modern sans font you used for the 'this is buble'..... what if you used a mid weight sans... like... Steelfish or Equal Sans or Franklin Gothic Book? not actually those necessarily, but that sort of weight to contrast with and balance the top.
Just my two cents :)
Love the graphic though

Id honestly just work with helvetica on both the title and tag

Id increase the weight on 'this is buble'
& change the performed by section to another weight of helvetica.

I like the graphic but the typography needs some work still, too thin, the italicised "is" doesn't work for me and that serif - ok serif may work as Paul said but I think you need a thinner, more refined serif font.

That all sounded really negative (sorry :icon_blushing:) but it will look really good when the typo is correct :)

I like the graphic but the typography needs some work still, too thin, the italicised "is" doesn't work for me and that serif - ok serif may work as Paul said but I think you need a thinner, more refined serif font.

That all sounded really negative (sorry :icon_blushing:) but it will look really good when the typo is correct :)

no no... not negative at all - constructive, which is what I want! Thanks for all constructive feedback... i really do appreciate it!

Hey guys... i was playing around with Steelfish font, as one of u had suggested... here, it is in Extra bold and I have paired it with 'Equal Sans regular' and I quite like it.. what do u all think??
bublesteel.jpg
Becky

He's right to be honest. I don't know what you've done to it haha! :) Just revert back to the original ones, but only tweak the bottom text, chances are one of the typefaces you've used in the updates would work as the bottom text part to the original.

Back