Feedback required on logo

TheAivons

Hello,
My university decided to create a competition for its students and I'm participating in it.
Logo Brief provided to us:

Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Logo
A visual logo only. Your own original design. Strong visual colours (consider those who may have visual impairment or colour blindness) A very brief strapline.

Here is the concept I have come up with, if you have any feedback, suggestions or ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
tUJdCT4.jpg

Thank you in advance ;)

This might just be my lack of knowledge on colour blindness, so my apologies if i'm wrong, but would they be able to see the difference in the two orange shades?

I think the logo fits the brief quite nicely though.

This might just be my lack of knowledge on colour blindness, so my apologies if i'm wrong, but would they be able to see the difference in the two orange shades?

I think the logo fits the brief quite nicely though.

Yeah, I looked online and the whole colour blindness is quite complicated and everyone sees it differently so I just tired to keep the contrast high on the text so that everyone could at least read it.

Not going to pull any punches here - I did a project recently for a client and it was the exact same theme - even the colours used in the first picture... makes me wonder...

Not going to pull any punches here - I did a project recently for a client and it was the exact same theme - even the colours used in the first picture... makes me wonder...

I was playing around in illustrator with the hand silhouettes and came up with few combinations that looked good and chose this one. For the colours it's a widely used colour scheme as they complement each other.
Do you mind posing the graphic you made now that you have made me sound like a copycat, because the only explanation I have is that it's quite generic.

I will not post the graphics I made - I don't have to.

It's not uncommon for a theme to be used.

However, we presented the client with several options, birds, hands, arms, etc... etc...

And many colour schemes and useful mood boards. It's amazing that someone else has come up with the exact same shape hands, colours and theme...

Nice work. The only thing I would say is that it is quite ironic that the 'I' for 'Inclusion' seems to be almost excluded from the 'E' & 'D' lol. Just need to sort out the kerning for that, and also for the word 'Diversity' as 'sity' is having a wonder lol. Good job, nice idea.

Nice work. The only thing I would say is that it is quite ironic that the 'I' for 'Inclusion' seems to be almost excluded from the 'E' & 'D' lol. Just need to sort out the kerning for that, and also for the word 'Diversity' as 'sity' is having a wonder lol. Good job, nice idea.

Thanks for the feedback, I've noticed the I is left out as well but couldn't find feasible solution for this, because adding third hand would make it look too complicated and moving the hands would create even more gaps in between the letters.
The Diver sity however is fonts fault that I didn't even notice but will definitely fix it.

Back