feedback please

TomStutt

Hi All

I have just finished my first ever logo for a competition i have entered.

Please tell me what you think but dont be too harsh :cry:

tomstuttdesign-albums-logos-picture524-dc1.jpg

Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator is what i just got when I clicked on that link...

um theres nothing in the folder either :)

Just try adding an attachment to your next post :p

Hi Tom,

It works for me? :confused:

Can you maybe provide us with bit more information about the logo? What is it for? What does the company do? Target audience etc.. As it will make it easier for us to give you better feedback. :)

I'll give you some feedback based purely on my visual impressions. I think there are too many effects. I'd try it without the gloss, bevel and shadows. Also the two masks look like images and I don't think they work with the rest. I'd create them as vector illustrations instead in case you need to scale the logo and try to incorporate them in a different way. Maybe have the masks overlapping eachother on top and then have the name underneath?

Just my 2 cents. I hope that wasn't too harsh :)

Thanks,
Soren

Hah, this WAS the thing on ArtsJobs.. Nice work.

• London Closes Sun 31 May 2009 Paid (£10k-15k pro rata) Part time
    Artform: theatre, visual arts
    Contact Murray Allan [email protected]

Description:

Design a Logo for Dress Circle.
To coincide with the launch of the new Dress Circle website, we are running a competition to design a new logo for Dress Circle.
The Brief
The logo will be used primarily for our new website and any online advertising. In addition we may choose to use it on letterheads, business cards and any other way we feel is appropriate.
We are looking for a distinctive concept that fits with the brand, it's history and reputation.
The challenge is to create a new logo that reflects the brand of Dress Circle.
The closing date for entry is May 31st
Normal competition rules apply. If you have any questions regarding the rules please do not hesitate to contact me.. The winner will be notified by email. The winning prize of £250 will be paid directly into your bank account or by another agreeable means.

Back