Feedback Please..

Welcome to the forums first off :)

I really like that design; the colours, layout, background, width, vibrance... :)

Only thing I'd say I dislike is the background behind the menu bar... i think it'd look better with just text links with a nice colour change onhover.

tim-ater said:
Welcome to the forums first off :)

I really like that design; the colours, layout, background, width, vibrance... :)

Only thing I'd say I dislike is the background behind the menu bar... i think it'd look better with just text links with a nice colour change onhover.
Thanks.

Yes, its really nice. Do you mean the top menu?

Many Thanks for looking over my site

Pete

It's cool, I'm surprised everyone else hasn't yet! They normally review in seconds!

By the top menu thing, I mean the actual nav by the logo, just have it as plain text instead of having it on a physical menu... does that make sense? So the background would be the texture behind the logo.

HTH

Edit: Also looking at it a sixteenth and seventeenth time.. I'm not too sure :)

haha!

Sure i see hat you mean, thanks for the advice.. i think you have a good point!!

What do you/everyone else think of the background? thats been the biggest thing people have said they don't like..

And the logo itself? good? bad?

Cheers

Pete

I think the overall site is quite clean and simple and as a whole I like it.

Agree with Tim over the menu, it's not needed and kind of ruins the flow a bit.
I can also see the menu (bottom left - examples) having a sliding highlight from the left (something like option 3 here)

As to the stripes, can't say I dislike stripes as I'm using a monotone style on my revised site but what I would consider is maybe adding a fade to white at the bottom or sides because I suspect it could become overpowering on a widescreen monitor.

Hi levi,

thanks for your feedback.

with regards to the menu, its not something i really picked on on but now i can see what you guys mean!! thanks :D

Sure, good idea.. either that or something completely different..!

Thanks again,

pete

My thoughts:

I have no idea what I'm looking at. The hierarchy needs work.

Im thinking the type on your logo needs to be seriously reviewed!!! ;) It kinda feels like you've gone for a nice theme on the top half of the site, but then gone Bitmap Brothers with the second half.

I'd say its a good version one, but needs to be thought about more.

BOOM > READ ME

jHouse said:
My thoughts:

I have no idea what I'm looking at. The hierarchy needs work.

Im thinking the type on your logo needs to be seriously reviewed!!! ;) It kinda feels like you've gone for a nice theme on the top half of the site, but then gone Bitmap Brothers with the second half. I'd say its a good version one, but needs to be thought about more.

I'd have to agree with Jhouse on this one too. I'm not sure what I'm looking at either.
It's just a layout with boxes and tables. I may as well be looking at a bag of brussel sprouts. It is viewed out of context of the brief and the overall design objective. Because there is no basic design heiracy, I'd assume that there is no site map or basic design structure for functionality. Therefore it is as half baked unthought out presented piece of work that no-one can offer a valid objective opinion on.
More haste, less speed. Before any design work is started i would want to see and agree the site map and structure. I hate when web guys band in 'boxes', without knowing why or for what purpose it is there for. A website is a valid form of communicating ideas, messages and objectives to desired target audiences. Never show half baked things. Sorry.

you should take off the giant telephone number in the header and just use it in your contact section.

Back