Feedback on new website

I like it! Simple and effective seems to be the way to go. It would be handy if my mouse wheel operated the side scroller and a favicon wouldn't go a miss

ok, can't help but feel it needs some text saying what you do as all it is at the minute is a load of pretty pictures and a menu. Maybe you could add a single line of text to the right of the header? Your lack of text won't help search engines either. Note: I missed the image titles the first few times I looked at the page.

I also don't like how your about us is on the 'contact' page, it's just not normal layout etc. Could fit 'about' in the gap after facebook I'd say although it would be better in front of portfolio for consistent layout structure etc.

needs the horizontal scroll script too :)

Oh and I'd maybe switch the 3rd and 4th images, the 3rd one is very similar to the 1st one and may make people think you can't come up with original ideas or just reuse old ones etc.

Levi said:
I also don't like how your about us is on the 'contact' page, it's just not normal layout etc. Could fit 'about' in the gap after facebook I'd say although it would be better in front of portfolio for consistent layout structure etc.
I was a bit unsure of this myself so will look at amending that.

Levi said:
needs the horizontal scroll script too :)
Have been looking into that so thats on my to do list.

Levi said:
Oh and I'd maybe switch the 3rd and 4th images, the 3rd one is very similar to the 1st one and may make people think you can't come up with original ideas or just reuse old ones etc.
I dont like that 3rd website because they wanted pretty much the same as the 1st which I didnt want to do and couldnt persuade them from, they paid, I did it.
Do you think I should take that out as I dont want people thinking I cant do anything else.

Cheers for the advice guys x

All done.
Loving the scroll now. Thanks

Just playing around with my "about" now... the current page looks a bit empty now, any ideas?
Maybe on my index page before my work? x

Hi Hippy,

Liking the site, and the horizontal scroll is working well :)
For your about page I would look at expanding the section about yourself, at the moment you just say "Run by a 25 year old from Staffordshire" I think a potential client would like to know who they're dealing with, what you believe in, and maybe space for a picture of your business card? I would personally add your facebook/twitter links on this page and lose facebook from the menu altogether.

HTH, Greg

P.S. Whilst on the Facebook topic, grab yourself a vanity URL '/pages/Pixel-Boutique/136222753182' looks untidy when you could have 'facebook.com/PixelBoutique' or similar, the only requirement is 25 fans + so you're all set there :)

Whilst on the topic of vanity & URLs, I'm sending you a PM regarding the non-hyphenated domain of your co. name, hopefully it will be of some help :)

I'd suggest an intro from the about page to be before (or above) the first portfolio image.

Also making the images links to the 'view more' section.

As much as I like elements that are different, I think that a normal vertical style page scrolling would be better. Just because it's not working too well on my mouse, it's moving too fast (which could be my settings). If a potential client feels the same it could lose you business?

A bit more colour in the site maybe? Like the ones used on your flyer?

Lastly, just use a slightly bigger font. I remember reading somewhere that "only designers like small fonts" and that has stuck with me.

That's only my 2p, it's not meant to sound harsh, just another perspective.

Good luck.

Looks good, only thing I would say is perhaps a slight increase in the font size and line-height.

i'd lose the times new roman font personally, it looks like you've pimped the site nicely and forgot to style the p

Just needs a dash of colour i reckon.

I like your About Me bit, very conversational and to the point, why f**k about?

Plus i just wanted to say that even though people do have positive criticisms don't be afraid to reject input, if you are happy and believe in your work then go with it, you can NEVER be wrong.

Good Work i say.

Thanks Romak.
I do agree with most of the stuff that is said here and that stuff I have taken on board and changed on my site.

However (Glen), thanks for your feedback but I like the font how it is :p

Thanks everyone, I'm just happy it hasn't been ripped to pieces ha :) x

Just checked it again, nice work on the scroll wheel. In the text though it says 'the occasional print design work' which probably wouldn't fill a potential client with confidence even if it is true ;)

^ Good point Will, there's no need for clients/potential clients to know how frequent your work is in different areas, just that you're capable of doing the work :)

HippySunshine said:
Thank you Tony for your very true and very helpful points.
Much appreciated, you're a STAR!

(Better?) x

Ah yes much better. I hope I find no sarcasm in this thanks lol.

Back