Feedback on my site please

Berry said:
I think it's fair to understand that Tom is at the early stage of his design career, but obviously keen to learn to improve. The site doesn't ring my bells and I'm sure Harry is having an epileptic fit and frothing at the mouth like a mastiff. I'm sure in a years time with some experience under Toms belt, it will be improved no end. With different levels of forum member experience, ability, and expectations, it's important to remember that the word "Designer' is an overused generic term for people of all levels and abilities. Many have earned that title through coming through the ranks and getting paid by employers for their talents. At the same time, many give themselves that title out of neccessity. And sometimes that will get the established guys back up. We all have to learn somewhere and we all, as creatives are continually on the road of learning. We can be harsh too, but it's with genuine intention. Keep learning Tom, keep hungry and you will improve.
Too right Berry.

Nice feedback too Harry, that should knock Tom back in his chair but all valid points.

If you've got any questions on what Harry has said, just let us know Tom.

TomStuttDesign said:
Thanks Berry,

Its true what you are saying. I know that im not experienced like many of you on DF but im wanting to do design work and to do that I have to call myself and graphic and web designer. I know im a very unexperienced one and if people ask me how much experience I have i will tell them that I am new to this and im still learning.

I also only do this in my spare time, as by day (sounds like superman) i work for Bristol University as an IT Support Technician, so i dont get hours and hours to practise and learn design.

I think im doing pretty well for a novice and im happy with the site at the moment and your feedback was greatly appreciated. I have a couple of sites to do for friends so that will keep me busy for a bit.

Thanks everyone.

You have the right attitude Tom. So just keep working at it and you will improve over time and gain experience along the way. As Fred said, we all started somewhere and your website is a hell of a lot better than my first attempts. If you get stuck on anything, or need some help, just ask. That's what we're here for :)

Back