Feedback on my Poster :)

jack.burdess

Hello everyone :)

I've only just became a member! I'm not studying graphic design, i'm studying Product design. However, For our final exhibition that is coming up, we have been asked to design 4 A2 posters for each project. They will have the titles:

Discover - What is the design problem? Client?
Define - what you will be designing
Develop - sketches/ initial ideas
Deliver - final design

I'm currently working on 4 A2 boards for a Styling Chair i designed for Hair Salon use, for a furniture company aiming to break into this market.

I wanted to come up with quite a quirky, rough design for the boards. Here is the first board. Its only a draft so it will be done in better quality. Any advice would be great thanks :)

Discoverrrr.jpg

Overall it's not too bad, but it feels like it's lacking hierarchy with some of the content. The "hair and beauty" bit for example, feels a little like it's just plonked on the left.

Also, the coloured circles are very flat compared to the rest of the design, and it has a very 'digital' appearance to it overall. Have you thought about creating this for real with an actual cork-board, photographing it, then using that as the poster?

Thanks for the advice :)

Yeah its a rough draft. I was actually planning on redoing all the pins so they look realistic. I understand what you mean about the Digitial appearance. I'll try and make it look a little more realistic. I was thinking of writing the information and title myself and scanning it in. Although, the lecturers are already pretty strict on the fonts we use.

I was thinking of writing the information and title myself and scanning it in. Although, the lecturers are already pretty strict on the fonts we use.

I'd recommend that, it will work better than a font. After all,when was the last time you saw something printing on to a post it? :icon_biggrin:

Back