Feedback on my new logo please...

philjohns

Ok, the time has come for me to rebrand myself - along with a name too!

Anyway, after deciding to go with pjcreative, im starting the designing. Nothing special but here is my first attempt at the whole shananagon!

logo.png

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1
love the p& j graphic. hate the rest! too arty
I would suggest to develop the pj graphic as a stand alone logo, maybe closing the gaps a bit more.
and then simply using pj creative as a namestyle in a 'classic' font. I would alway suggest to designers ditch taglines, you're overselling the obvious and generally trite. K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid! as they say. You have something, but you've overcooked it and added too many ingredients. half way there in m y opinion

Thanks Berry - really useful advise!

Do you mean try with just the PJ graphic and then creative in a normal font or the PJ graphic and then PJcreative in a normal font below or wherever?

Also, what are views on having the styled colour to it? Its something Ide really like to base my branding on so would appreciate some views on that.

Thanks again!

philjohns said:
Thanks Berry - really useful advise!

Do you mean try with just the PJ graphic and then creative in a normal font or the PJ graphic and then PJcreative in a normal font below or wherever?

Also, what are views on having the styled colour to it? Its something Ide really like to base my branding on so would appreciate some views on that.

Thanks again!

something more like this..ish.....

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
I read the PJ as a B first. But that could just be a me thing :)

EDIT: Oh your latest version wasn't there when I clicked reply. I guess it's more obvious now when you also have PJ in the text.

looking interesting, i prefer keeping the pj in the namestyle, that means the logo can be a brand icon graphic and have more visuality like the original blue. Also it means we don't have to decipher the graphic to get to your name. But there is a nice simplicity to the graphic and i love the organic shape it produces. Just make sure the balance of the font doesn't fight with the graphic, Ying and Yang, Hot and Cold, Beef and Mustard

Thanks Berry - your being a real help!

Are you tinking a very plaine font would be best then? I'll be bak in 5!

Phil,
if you check out all great brands there is a very simplistic approach to them "Apple' Shell, Nike ,IBM, Orange, Vodaphone, Banks, Building societies etc etc. They generally stay away from trendy designer looking fonts because it will date. Serif fonts are easy on the eye to read, lowercase prefered. Look at the letter in the namestyle, you have a lot of consecutive round letters the c and the e are the defining shapes, look for fonts that have good letters. I prefer plain classic fonts as they give a bigger feel, Generall as a rule if i had a an organic graphic like yours with a geometric straight and round feel I would balance it out with a serif font to create contrast. But I would experiment and have a bit of fun. It's all fine tuning now.

Ok, Ive got round to selecting some fonts but I HATE deigning for myself!

Any opinions greatly! appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

logo5as7.jpg

im not so sure. i'd say the first one. :D

for the pure fact that it flows and is attractive... but maybe that's just me.

As for the reason...well it is between either 1 or 5 because there is such a subtle difference between the two...the others are too bold for my taste...I like the simplicity of 1 and 5 how they are good sizes but aren't too thick...looking at it again I think 1 would be my favorite just because it is slightly larger and fits better with the logo itself.

Thanks vertigo.

Number 1 was actually the first choice I made to when choosing the fonts for them.

Im off to have a little play with it and will post my changes in a minute

So when I say a couple of minutes I actually mean about an hour once ive had my dinner and got round to doing the changes!

so here it is....more critic greatly appreciated by anyone!

logo6qj2.jpg

Back