Feedback on advert/poster please

theking79

Just started UNI and doing my first project, we were asked to write 500 words starting with the words 'I am' , I chose to write about my football team Birmingham City and how I felt out it etc. We then had to produce visuals based on the 500 words, I have chosen to go with the emotion side of things and make visuals that show the emotions during a game or on match day.

This is just a general idea I had which is an advert for the club, I have the idea of doing a series of these using a different emotions/colours each time. I would like to develop this further into something better, just looking for feedback on the general idea and execution so far.

I thought the football shirt would attract the audience I am trying to communicate with, which is football fans, along with the colours and the BCFC logo.

Picture1-12.png

i like the feel to the pitch, but i dont think the simplicity really shows how passionate football fans can get about it.

also the bottom purple section needs realigning to the lines of the pitch imo, it doesnt sit right with me.

cool, got a preview?

i like the idea i just think it's too simple to show us this "shock" you'll have written about.

communication through design is key

(or something like that, calling berry, berry, do you read me?)

well i was thinking of putting in this picture :

CameronJeromecelebrate_2382826.jpg

I was certainly shocked when he scored that goal and I know football fans were aswell.

sorry but I just don't get what the poster is trying to say, the imagery has no context to the text at the bottom. the 'football' top could be any generic sport top with a bit of text and a number, the #1 is out of place too in my opinion.

Levi said:
sorry but I just don't get what the poster is trying to say, the imagery has no context to the text at the bottom. the 'football' top could be any generic sport top with a bit of text and a number, the #1 is out of place too in my opinion.

It is meant to show the emotion/emotions you feel during a game

I like the grubby effect on the card, maybe you could use the condition of the card, or colours in the card to convey the emotion more. Like, Shock could be very sudden to look at in terms of contrast and colour. I want to feel shocked when I look at it. Like this monkey.
A card conveying shock could be torn or cracked like it just narrowly escaped an explosion, with bright and startling colour combinations demanding the eye to look and be shocked. Make it look loud I say.

Think your pitch is missing a few white lines, and details.

Again it doesn't work for me - don't know what its meant to be communicating.

theking79 said:
It is meant to show the emotion/emotions you feel during a game
but the fact you need to explain it to us means it's only working for those who have had it explained, what about when you aren't there

personally I'd have used spaghetti junction as the map if you want to go in that direction, represents the muddle and mixture of emotions rather than just a singular one as implied by the single junction.

i like it but it doesn't bring out any emotion in me, i think it looks like a campaign poster, it kinda makes me want to quit smoking, and i don't even smoke! i do like the layout texture, and colours tho.

Z

Back