feedback needed

Open_i

hey guys, thank you everyone for your help in advance.
I am starting a company and wanted to get some feedback for the logo. the name i selected for now is - Open i - here is a short description :

"Open i" - Growth Mindset training - we are really passionate about helping and developing students so they could pursue the life that they desire.
With us students learn how to be motivated about learning, be better at taking responsibility for their life and see the benefit of putting in time and effort, rather than fearing them.
What we do is bring couches, trainers and successful entrepreneurs to colleges who share their tools, techniques and principals to create and embed the growth mind-set which means students are more likely to have grades b and above.

snapshot of web page.png
Please let me know what you think
thank you

I just read it as "Open", I don't get the "i" at all. I think you'll need to use an actual lowercase 'i' glyph to get that (perhaps the tittle (dot) on the i could form an the iris of an eye?)
Lose the quotation marks (they're not needed) and the backdrop – a logo should work without extra fluff or decoration, and at the moment this one doesn't.

The actual type, particularly the strapline need work too, at the moment it just looks like text plonked in, it doesn't fit together.

My advice if you're not a designer is to hire someone who is. It may feel like you're spending money you don't have to, but your time is better spent growing and marketing the business in order to gain customers.

I just read it as "Open", I don't get the "i" at all. I think you'll need to use an actual lowercase 'i' glyph to get that (perhaps the tittle (dot) on the i could form an the iris of an eye?)
Lose the quotation marks (they're not needed) and the backdrop – a logo should work without extra fluff or decoration, and at the moment this one doesn't.

The actual type, particularly the strapline need work too, at the moment it just looks like text plonked in, it doesn't fit together.
pretty much says it all.....plus the current logo kind of reminds me of a logo you would see attached to some sort of 'cult' that likes to brainwash people in a tv show etc.

My advice if you're not a designer is to hire someone who is. It may feel like you're spending money you don't have to, but your time is better spent growing and marketing the business in order to gain customers.
If only it was that simple when everyone's neighbours cousin first removed brother's sister has a copy of photoshop :p

Back