DIN
Rockwell
Sabon
Vitesse
VAG
Gotham
Optima

If in doubt Helvetica Neue

Quattrocento and Cabin by Pablo Impallari where you can get it for free in google webfont! I use it both on my blog. (headline : Cabin, Body copy : quattrocento)
If you dont know who Pablo is, I am sure you know one of his famous font, Lobster.
I recently interviewed him on this post

Hmmmm.
Gill Sans and Verdana for body copy
Feast Of Flesh and Ballpark Wiener (at the moment) for t-shirts
Lobster
VAG just because it's awesome

Im loving Futura at the moment too, especially the really heavy weights. Think Im subliminally swayed by Nike adverts from the 80s!

For serif body copy, I just can't get away from Raleway at the mo. Used it in a couple of recent websites. Other than that, I'm massively digging Apple Garamond, especially in italics. Again, used in a recent website. Provides some great character for bits I'm looking to accentuate.

There's tonnes more but they're rocking it for me right now.

davidw said:
Calendas Plus ticks most boxes for me - for a serifed typeface :)
Totally agree with this David, it's a wonderful font. I think I need to get myself a copy.

Not over keen on myriad pro - a bit too condensed - for some uses I prefer museo sans or raleway...

Just so people are aware, that 'free' paid fonts link will likely be warez, we should really be supporting the designers and paying for the fonts we use :)

I do pay for fonts, I also have a good selection of fonts that at one time where free, but are not anymore due to becoming popular. I also use fonts from various places that are not paid for to experiment without having to pay a lot of money up front.

Back