Favourite Fonts

Helvetica
Rockwell
Avant Garde
Aller and I guess the list goes on for a while... Though I must say I am a sucker for Sans Serif Fonts

I like Futura and Verdana a lot for being readable. Other than that I find it very much depends on the design that I am producing

Eamon

yep, Walkway is nice. Big fans of Gotham Light, Didot, Aksidenz, and Lubalin. All essential tools in the designers arsenal!

I won't say i have a single favorite font, but 'Trebuchet MS' is definitely amongst those i use a lot, if it fit in the theme :)

I am actually currently on an Adv. Typography class right now.:D And we were asked this same question the first week. Except it was more a scenario of "If you could only use 5 fonts for body text, and 5 fonts for display and limited to only those for one year, which would you choose and why?"

I chose the basics, Arial, Verdana, Myriad among others but I also chose Trebuchet MS, and one called Constantia for display. I didn't list it but I also kind of like Algerian.:)

There are just soo many fonts these days. When I was a lad we only had about a dozen to choose from and we thought that was plenty. I remember Eric Gill saying to me in the college bar one day "Dave, do you think there's room in the market for a new font?"... :)

Vitesse and Vitesse Sans are winners every day of the week. Berkeley Old Style for a serif and Segoe to. Looking for a nice ultra modern sans serif if anyones got any to recommend?

Back