Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fav Icon and Twitter

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Jan 6, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

OK 2 Q's for the guys!

Why aint DF on twitter and Where has your FavIcon gone :/ my Fav's toolbar looks all messy because I have a rubbish Internet Explorer Icon up there when everything else is nice and pretty!

Answers please XD!
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

it's got a favicon over here (safari 4 mac)

and @designforums does exist, but that was kinda "acquired" by

i mean if i wanetd to know about DF i'd @gregfindley - either that or i'd go on DF :p
  3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

lol timothy! but @gregfindley is not @designforums who cares about graphicdesign forums we aint gunna let them rule us are we!? why aint the FavIcon Working :/...strange
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

good point glen! LETS DO THIS!

so the new twitter account for this forum will be @therealfeckindesignforumsnottheonesforthewankersatgraphicdesignforums

easy to remember.
    rolls off the tongue.

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Favicon works here too but if you want to get rid of the IE icon just use Firefox :p
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

(onartis is right)
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

I've been tweeting about DF in my personal account, but yes DF should have it's own to be honest!
    I'm on the case, and as for the IE favicon, should be working but I'll double check :)
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

9. LOL @ Greg :)

Is there anything from vBulletin to allow twitter to post from the latest posts or something like that dynamically? :) Just a thought? :)
  10. Greg

Greg Active Member

There is one to pull the RSS feed, but I'm not a fan personally, it goes against the whole point of engaging in conversation on Twitter, I may look at trialling TweetBoard on the forums though ;)
  11. now that would be interesting Greg :)
  12. tim

tim Senior Member

i hate twitter like ELCaD (ELCaD) on Twitter which posts literally everytime someone posts.

it gets pretty annoying.
  13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah that kind of straight RSS feed is something I won't be doing Tim, find it annoying and have un-followed other people when I see that's what they're upto, pointless IMO.
  14. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah exactly!

glad you feel the same, otehrwise i'd have picketed it.