Farm logo

Farmer Ann

I want to create a logo that is apt for our free range pig farm. I am not a proffesional designer so would appeciate some advice from other. Here is my currect idea (please note our pigs are a breed called the sandy and black and are orange with black spots).
View attachment 388

Attachments

• p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 40
On a separate note :) love the sandy and black pigs.. we want them when we set up our small hold :) I think they are the ones that make lovely Bacon dont they? :)

I'm going to comment on the logo.
Personally I think as it stands it's a little too much like clip art. I like the idea but I think it needs to head more towards a 'cattle branding' (hot metal stamp things) style.

Maybe even consider playing on the words and having a stylised rear quarter of a pig with a stamped name on it.

Thanks for the comment - I know the meat is lovely (and the pigs are rather lovely too) but it is nice to have some constructive critism. I like the idea of a branding stamp but concerned the bottom idea could be a little too Thelwell childish cute.

I'm sure there is a designer around who would design you a great logo for some nice meat :lol:

I would :D

I like the idea but I think it needs to head more towards a 'cattle branding'
I really like that idea man. :)
I'm sure there is a designer around who would design you a great logo for some nice meat
Not going to comment...too easy, but I learn something about you every day. Things can't be that bad hay, working for food these days, I thought jobs were up in the UK now. :D

I also have to agree with Levi that the current version does look a bit too much like clipart.
Whats the name of the farm, and have you registered the website address for it? If not don't post it till you have, also ideally the website address should be the farm name but make sure it's not too long. Then we might be able to go from there. :)

Ok I get the picture my first attemp is pretty awful!:down:
All I can do is try a second idea, I am thinking of dropping an image all together (I dont think my skills are up to clever pig images) and sticking with the text, and then simplifying it right down to a simple logo that I could then put on packaging etc.
View attachment 395
I hope I might be going in the right direction?:)

Attachments

• pig8.gif
    pig8.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 7
Jazajay said:
Not going to comment...too easy, but I learn something about you every day. Things can't be that bad hay, working for food these days, I thought jobs were up in the UK now. :D

I thought more along the lines of some nice pork :) work is going well for me :) but some nice meat is worth working for :D

I'm almost tempted to play around with some ideas myself. Animals are my favorite art subjects. :D

However, I'm still confused as to what you market demographic you're trying to target here. Are these animals bread for pets and/or shows..or are they in fact bread for meat only? Would seem a little bit of a waste if they were bread for coloration, only to be turned into bacon. I love me some bacon, don't get me wrong! I just feel that if you were just selling their meat, you would not need to emphasize their coloration in your logo.

@Ann
I think your second attempt is more in the right direction tbh sweets. Maybe something to do with your farms name?

@Rhonda
I think, from another post, its just free range pork.

@typo
lol.

Sorry I feel very remiss in not getting back to the various posts. Thanks one and all for the various but generally negative comments.
Yes I can confirm it is free range pork. Thank also Chris for the offer of work for food - we are in the position at the moment where every pig is spoken for through to about mid August, and so we are expanding are herd to get to the point where even we might get the occasional joint (popular stuff). I am hoping to get my site together in advance of our expansion.
I think I am going to drop the idea of having a pig in the logo because we also produce goat (very yummy and healthy meat) and so I think our site should eventually include both.
Anyway I am back to the drawing board.
Thanks Jaz for the only vaguely nice comment - you are living up to your name as the all round nice guy!

Thanks Russel,
I really like the materials used, type face and great photography - I am no expert but I think it is really good branding - thanks for the link. I really want to acheive that wholesome, quality look that really somes up the product.

No problem my advice would be to keep it simple: One or two key (muted) colours, simple typography/ icons and try to incorporate some natural textures and hues on any print / web branding.

That's a nice link Russell.
But also a great example of tieing it in with the domain name.Farmers Cart if you see where I am coming from. :)

Don't worry about the negative comments just keep at it and grow from them, honest criticism is all ways good IMO opinion keeps you out of the family and friends mindset that its great and more into the end users world which is good for your company. :)

Back