FAQ Page

The Simulator

Not really sure where I should've put this but here'll do.
Just a quick question to you all really.
What questions would you expect to see on a FAQ page of a logo/web designer site?

I'm just in the process of doing one for my site at the moment but i'm a bit unsure of what to put on it really.

"Why did my last graphic designer fire me when I asked for comic sans?"

"Can I get this exact design but with my business name?"
"Can you 'photoshop' this?"
"Can I have this 100 page brochure done for like yesterday while costing me £20?"
"I'm not sure I like the design, can we try adding drop shadows and adding some shine to the text?"

This was my FAQ page;

To help potential clients, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions we receive.
If there is anything else you want to know, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Click a question to jump down the page.

What exactly do you sell?Canny Creative are a graphic design agency based in Newcastle. We sell graphic and web design solutions, that positions our clients above their competitors, ultimately increasing profit by helping them attract and retain their ideal customer base.
You can view a list of design project deliverables here.
[Back to questions]

How much does it cost to work with you?Each design project is completely different and we're happy to provide a quote when we learn more about the project requirements.
Think of design as an investment. Great design combined with a great product or service will pay off year after year throughout the life of your business.
If you understand how profitable good design can be, let's talk?
[Back to questions]

Another company charges less. Can you match them?Put bluntly, no. Design is not a commodity.
“A commodity is anything for which there is demand, but which is supplied without qualitative differentiation across a market. In other words, copper is copper. Rice is rice. Stereos, on the other hand, have many levels of quality. And, the better a stereo is, the more it will cost.”
— WIKIPEDIA
Just as a client gets to choose their designer, the designer gets to choose their clients. It's up to the designer to work with people who value and respect the service provided

How long will the project take to complete?Just like costing, each design project is different. Some projects may take several weeks and some might take six months or more. The duration of the project is often determined by the project deliverables.
[Back to questions]

Can you start right away?Sometimes it's possible to start on new projects straight away but our focus is always on our current clients and commitments. Get in touch for details.
[Back to questions]

What exactly do I receive during the course of the project?Our clients can be involved in the creative process as little or as much as they desire. Throughout the project we send clients regular updates and PDF presentations showing effective design solutions.
[Back to questions]

Can you make my design look like this?It's easy to make your design look like someone elses, but, is it the best idea to try and "fit in"? It's more difficult, but ultimately more successful, if your design sets your company apart from your competition.
[Back to questions]

You're in a different country from me. Will this affect things?Not at all. We've worked with local, national and international clients and our working relationships have never been compromised by distance.
[Back to questions]

Can you help with printing?We have a close working relationship with a number of printers and would love to assist you with your printing needs. Whatever your project requires, we're here to help, the whole way.
[Back to questions]

How do you accept payment?Most projects require a 50% downpayment to secure our time and ensure your project goes in the diary. This is payable via bank transfer or Paypal (other payment methods considered on request). Details of payment are provided with the initial invoice and the remaining 50% is payable upon completion of the project, before the transfer of original artwork.
[Back to questions]

Will you use current trends for my design?The work we create is intended to last the lifetime of our clients' business, not to look trendy. Great brand identities are timeless and sans-trend.
[Back to questions]

Can you recommend other graphic designers?If for any reason, we can't take on your project, we're more than happy to recommend other graphic designers that would suit your needs. Get in touch with us about our availability.
[Back to questions]

Can you offer an internship or some work experience?At the minute, Canny Creative are unable to offer internships or work experience. Keep checking back here for future updates on the subject.
[Back to questions]

Thanks guys.
I put mine up yesterday. Hopefully it will benefit some users. And stop all the people wanting £10 logo's filling my inbox.

Guess that's the argument for putting a price range online isn't it? Put off the bad guys!

I was thinking of adding a FAQ section to my site and didn't know where to start so thanks for that chaps.

Back