• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Failed to Export the PDF File (InDesign)

Hi Guys,

Don't know if there are any InDesign gurus about? I have to InDesign documents that I need to export to PDF however I keep getting the message 'failed to export the pdf file'. I didn't design the document but have amended some text of them however cannot resend back as I can't export.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Steve

tbwcf

Rather than using indesigns "export" option you could try exporting as a postscript file then running it through distiller...

file/print in the general bit under 'printer' change to 'postscript file' on PPD make it 'adobe PDF' change the other settings as needed then drop the postscript file into distiller...

Basically there are 3 versions of one brochure:

English
Russian
Greek

English PDF's fine through export the other 2 don't.
When I print to postscript with all the markings etc the page still doesn't display the same?

What could be preventing InDesign to export?

thanks

Krey20

Sounds like the fonts to me.
Try outlining all of the text, making them vector shapes, then saving the pdf. You will have to save a file with the live text so it can be edited later if you need to, but that should get rid of any font conflicts.

tbwcf

Krey20 said:
Sounds like the fonts to me.
Try outlining all of the text, making them vector shapes, then saving the pdf. You will have to save a file with the live text so it can be edited later if you need to, but that should get rid of any font conflicts.
Good call