Fail to import music into After Effects

Kevin

Wasn't sure whether I should put it in this forum or in the Motion forum. But decided to put it here, please move if I was wrong.

When I import my music file (no matter what format it is) into After Effects, I can't get it to play the audio. The Waveforms are visible, so I know that it's there and it can read the file. After some Google searches, I think that it's because of the protection (or the lack of it) on the music file itself. The song itself was extracted from a podcast with a program called TwistedWave, so that does make sense. Tried to convert it to several formats but it still won't play.

Any idea on how to make the music file valid/compatible ?
Mac over here by the way, should that make any difference.

I do know an alternative, which is Final Cut Pro, but I failed to get that for free, lol.

no comment on this as i have no idea (because i didnt read it) but:

Mac over here by the way, should that make any difference.

it does. i respect you.

I thought macs just worked :p

Anyways (not a huge after effects user) does a non ripped file (normal mp3 say) work and have you got the volume on/up :p

I was under the impression that macs were all about the software hence the premium :p

nothing mentioned about apps that werent already installed.

iLife does just work, which is preinstalled, but external apps like Adobe creative shite, is different.

the premium of your mac?

average length of usage, 4-7 years on a mac.

average length of usage, 1-3 years on a PC.

you spent about half on a PC than you do a Mac, so why not save yourself the bother and buy one that'll just last, instead?

and macs are ALSO exclusive items. apple dont invest in any crap parts, which means that people who cant afford them, dont get them. they are a computer company AND a brand.

macs are no realistically no good for me (and I can afford them I might add), no quadro/firegl in laptops or desktops unless I order a separate gpu and my software is windows only meaning I would be using bootcamp all the time negating the 'benefits' of os-x.

My average length of use of a mac would be the same as a pc, my work is cpu driven.

I might buy a laptop from apple but its purely down to batterylife and the option to add 2 mac programs (final cut express & keynote) into my workflow

YOUR average length of use, not the average user's.

let's forget the people who are knowledgeable on PCs or Macs, let's look at people who just use it for internet, word processing, etc.

that's what we're talking about working straight out the box/blah.

and yes, EDIT, i agree with onartis. no mac/pc debate.

Let's not turn this into a Mac/PC debate -.-'

And it's a bit hard to tell whether unripped music works... Having some trouble finding some, haha :D

Back