Facebook re-re-re-redesign

Noel Modyrts

What's everyone think of the new Facebook re design?

I'm struggling to see much logic in the layout, but I suppose I could ONLY spend an hour trying to pick it apart.

Am I a simple minded designer or are the one's responsible for the new facebook design? and why?

I only tend to use it on my phone, so have seen no change, but my partner insists it's rubbish, stating she 'no longer enjoys using it!' Any re-design that makes someone say that has got to be a bad thing.

/Doug

Its a bit annoying that the logout link is now hidden under a drop down menu. And it took me a while to figure out where my bottom menu bar went (obvious I know!). I don't know why they don't just leave it alone!

I think they took the principle that people look at things from left to right.. and so changed it so all the activities are displayed on the left now... they are almost there i think lol

I don't think it's that bad to be honest, and don't know why so many think its that bad. They are slowly getting to a decent layout in my opinion.

People are mostly annoyed because they aren't used to it and so they don't like it, everyone moaned the last time it changed too... after a few weeks people got used to it and started to like it :p

People are mostly annoyed because they aren't used to it and so they don't like it, everyone moaned the last time it changed too... after a few weeks people got used to it and started to like it :p

I have been a member for MyFace for ages and whenever they change the design it spawns several thousand groups dedicated to ripping apart their hard work but the fact of the matter is that the website has never worked properly imo - they are so close to nailing it as far as a user friendly interface is concerned.

There will always be people who don't like change, for me this new design is refreshing and makes a lot of sense.

They still need to fix their chat function though...and why on earth did they leave it where it is at the bottom of the page?
Still loads of room down the left hand side for open conversations and such.

Back